Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by martin
Re: ID vs. evolution smackdown [martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you hate God and children?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not for nothing, but exactly how does this "smackdown" ID? I'm not a big ID proponent, but nothing you posted here refutes the idea that there is a higher power that is responsible for everything.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate to break this down simple like ... but, my 4yo son can look at a book of animals and tell you which one is "most like us". I think the 5 individual fingers, forward facing eys, and ears on side of head, downward facing nostrils, bipedal walking, facial expressions, similar overall morphology, etc give it away. Really, it's not all that difficult. One could, with a little effort, make a pretty decent "tree of life" just grouping things together based on morphology. It coudl probably be done by looking at an "animal book" alone.

The idea of common descent was present long before Darwin. Darwin's major contribution was the explanantion of "how". That changes in the genetic equilibrium by genetic mutations produce variations within a group (species). And that Natural selection acts on those variations to select who survives and who does not. Had darwin actually read Mendel's letters (Gregor mailed thme to Drawin, Chuck never read em), Darwin may have been able to produce and even more thorough explantion and understanding.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply