Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side' [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok how about very few do. For a lot of church going folks standards are what others are held too not themselves.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side' [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a lot of church going folks standards are what others are held too not themselves.

Define "A LOT". Your statement seems to be interpreted to mean whatever a person wanted it to mean.

It could also be a case of an individual using themselves as the barometer of how others act.

I find that A LOT of church-goers actually practice what they preach.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side' [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot as in most, above the middle, higher then 50%, not the small pile but the big, most of the pie chart, the higher bar on the graph.

See the standard set is incredibly high. Most church going people never come close to meeting the standard but don't get too worked up about it because hey we all make mistakes and we can repent.

When it comes to the standards of a God close and almost are worthless.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Casey: Sep 28, 05 10:54
Re: Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side' [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no problem with relegion and people living a lifestyle according to the teachings of a god. I just think until you live that perfect life get out of my face. Nothing personal but I have about had my fill of people putting Jesus in my face when I see no attempt on the belivers part to do as he said.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sad but true. Most people think they are entitled to just about everything. The gov spends money it doesn't have, people go into debt for that big car/house. Its a house of cards that will inevitably fall.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side' [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side' [martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree to apoint and here is why. Would satan tempt the lost, or would he spend time with those who call themselves religious, but are weak? Nothing more effective than to have the Holy fall.

That said, Judeo Christian cultures are head and shoulders above the rest of the world. The US, Canada, Europe are far better places to live than the rest. Those muslim nations sure are nice.
Quote Reply

Prev Next