Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Upgrading road bike to tri bike - any recommendations
Quote | Reply
I currently have a Trek road bike that I've been using for my Triathlons but I'm getting into longer distances and feel like I need to upgrade and get a Tri bike to help my timing and be able to survive the longer distance triathlons. Any suggestions on bike's that are extremely expensive or brands to look into. I'm a female, 5'4" if that helps :-) Thank you for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading road bike to tri bike - any recommendations [LP_NYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get fitted so you know what kind of geometry you need and which tri bikes will suit you best. Or, use your fit numberd from your road bike fitting to calculate what you need.

Then, start looking for older models that have been hanging around on shop floors or ex's garages if a women's specific bike suits you - you can save major $$ that way.

I did this. I found my beautiful Trek Speed Concept brand-new for $600.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading road bike to tri bike - any recommendations [LP_NYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mell wrote:
Get fitted so you know what kind of geometry you need and which tri bikes will suit you best. Or, use your fit numberd from your road bike fitting to calculate what you need.

Then, start looking for older models that have been hanging around on shop floors or ex's garages if a women's specific bike suits you - you can save major $$ that way.

I did this. I found my beautiful Trek Speed Concept brand-new for $600.

Sound advice here^^^

I'm about an inch taller than you and extremely comfortable on a Fuji D6 (with a Specialized Jett saddle) - but your body geometry could be completely different to mine. I do remember reading that the Fuji geometry suited smaller women quite well - the review's a few years old now but should still hold up. https://www.advancedsports.com/Fuji_D6_Bike_Review.pdf
Quote Reply