Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 23 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope the womens are well!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 23 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'll update workouts later but here are two pictures from Salt Lake...

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great pictures!

I felt super unmotivated last week and every workout felt like a struggle. Run 6 (of 6), swim 3 (of 3), bike 2 (of 4). Had a full day of no s/b/r yesterday and feeling fairly refreshed. This is also a cutback week for me so I'll try and take it easy on paces etc. Plan: run 6, swim 3, bike 3.

I also bought nose clips yesterday. My local pool has a chemical mix that makes me miserable with allergy symptoms and nothing I've tried so far (antihistamines, steroid nasal spray etc) has worked. The internet suggests that a nose clip may be the answer so I'll be giving that a go this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not bad, not bad, although I didn't get the job :-( Oh well. Keep on looking I guess.

Last week: managed 4 runs, 1 ride, 4 skates, and zero swim. I felt good on all my runs and skates, and just ran out of time to go to the pool. I did have a few days in a row of bad food choices and paid for it. Blech.

This week: 4 runs, 2 rides, 2 skates, 1 swim, and chief referee-ing a short track meet this Saturday. K will be racing, so it will be fun to watch. :-) Watch the snackiness - think before eating of what I'm eating and why.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week - no goals set:
- run x 6
- swim x 2
- bike x 1
- core/strength x 3
- foam roll x 1

This week's goals:
- run x 6
- swim x 3
- bike x 2
- core/strength x 4

Headspace marginally better despite EnviroCan announcing it will probably be May before we get seasonal temperatures...and my left eye froze shut on a run last night.

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
re: job - their loss. WTF were they thinking?

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 23 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Headspace marginally better despite EnviroCan announcing it will probably be May before we get seasonal temperatures...

Wait, is this for all of Canada? Noooooo. I was feeling better because I've actually heard birds tweeting the last few weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been feeling the strain, of life. The grind of going to work day in day out, working out... just everything.

Running is spot on and going well. Swimming is on 'maintenance mode' as in 1x per week. Biking is still in the toilet and I can't seem to get it back out of there.
I'm signed up for a bike race on March 28th, and hoping it won't be the abysmal march of doom. I reached out to a biking friend who lives not far from where I work to see if we could bike after work once a week but it needs to be out of the TEENS (degrees F) first. Crikey. I don't have stuff to keep me warm on a bike in the TEENs. Upper 20s, sure.

Quite tired of being cold. The pool is OK after warm up, but the showers aren't hot enough. Their temperature isn't controlled individually, and I think they try to pick something that most people would find warm and just fine. I'm a pretty HOT shower person.

OK, so humor time.
Does anyone find they are naturally faster at one part of the day vs another? Here's me. late morning - best time to run. Afternoon, or after work, also a best time to run. 6am - slower than dirt.
Example: Last week's long run pace: 8:30, medium effort. Start time: 9:30am. Day after long run: easy run. pace: 9:30, feels really easy. 6am weekday run: 10:30, and it feels like I'm sprinting or racing and I can't possibly go any faster.
Note: these are all outdoor efforts.
I noticed though, as I was going to the gym once to meet a friend to run on their indoor track (1/8mi) because it was obscenely cold, that I was driving 45mph and it felt like I was going 100mph.
Maybe it's just me in the mornings??? LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They all loved ME and wanted to work with ME but they obviously hadn't thought through what they really needed in this new role when they posted it.... through the i/view process, it became apparent they were looking for a senior coder who could sorta manage people. So we stay friends and look for other opportunities. :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 23 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Quote:
Headspace marginally better despite EnviroCan announcing it will probably be May before we get seasonal temperatures...

Wait, is this for all of Canada? Noooooo. I was feeling better because I've actually heard birds tweeting the last few weeks.

Don't know about the prairies, but Ontario is supposed to be cold & snowy through the end of March at least, with a colder than average April.

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I do. My 4:30am trainer rides suuuuck. Power is way off. Later in the morning (9am,) and I'm cruising, same with evening. Of course, I'm not really doing any of that right now.

I've been able to walk to work in my boot, so that's at about 3/4 of a mile walked. My foot has been too sore to walk BACK, but some movement is better than no movement. I haven't been on my bike this week and have been too tired to go to the pool after work.

Being injured sucks. :-(
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 23 Edition [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being injured does suck. Hang in there.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 23 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally having time to update about my week :P

I was in Bryce Canyon on Monday, flew from Salt Lake on Tuesday, was in Pittsburgh through the end of the week, flew back to Oregon on Sunday. I had a really good week, the highlight being Monday's hiking and time with my mom and brother, and Tuesday's run with my brother's dog around Liberty Park.
Food went pretty well and I am proud of myself for that.

M: 5 mi run + hike (3 ish miles)
T: 9 mi run
W: 8.5 mi run + 12 mi bike
T: 7.5 mi run + 1800 yd swim
F: 8 mi run (6 ish miles 7:30 pace) + 1800 yd swim
S: 9.6 mi run + 300 yd swim
S: 3.1 mi run + 3 mi bike

totals 4100 yd swim + 15 mi bike + 51 mi run

Goals for this week have been (a) day off from running (b) bike to work at least 3 times (c) do well with food (d) do a long swim (4k)
Super busy at school/work but at least am enjoying it...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Being injured does suck. Hang in there.

It's especially tough when people don't understand athletes. A little disappointed in my PT this week. (A different PT this go-round. My awesome one was booked solid.)

PT: What have you been doing this week?
Me: I walked to work, which is just under a mile, the usual exercises.
PT: You walked!? To work!? That's a huge increase in activity.
Me: No, it isn't. I've been riding my bike on the trainer since week 3 with the doctors approval. I can tolerate 30-40 minutes now. Hoping it'll be an hour soon. Walking and riding helped me a ton with my surgery recovery last year.
PT: An hour on the bike is completely unnecessary. Why would you need to do that for that long?
Me: ...I'm a cyclist...an hour is usually nothing... :-/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
PT: An hour on the bike is completely unnecessary. Why would you need to do that for that long?

Oh boy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Oh boy.

Agreed. That's depressing - especially from a PT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Just wow.

Rooting for your continued recovery and return to usual activity levels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow that is disappointing. Definitely don't go back to that PT. AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. From my perspective, the appointment is over when a provider says something along the lines of "wouldn't your rather...." [fill in their favorite substitute for SBR here, usually something like yoga] or "why do you need to ....?"

If that PT is in the same practice as your regular PT, let your regular PT know why you won't go back to that PT.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply