Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: QR pr6 versus BMC di2 [felipe.g.c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
felipe.g.c wrote:
Hola.

Tus opiniones son las mismas? Estoy buscando diferentes bicicletas (PRsix, canyon CF SLX y Kestrel 5000 SL) y creo que el Prsix es una buena opción. ¿Tienes más información para actualizar la información de esta corona?

Saludos

no son las mismas, amigo. PRSix y CF SLX son mejores. son igual en el merito, pero son diferente. CF SLX es mejor en - como se dice - bebendo? tomando? QR es mas facil si necesitar trabajando. ajustar. no tengo lo mismo confianza en esta kestrel.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: QR pr6 versus BMC di2 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for your answer! if you want, you can answerts in english, sorry for the post in spanish, i changed it. I may have a good discount in prsix, probably i choose the prsix. you said "son igual en el merito, pero son diferente" can you tell me that in english, i dont urdestand the meaning of "son igual en mérito" (i speak spanish, but i dont understand the idea)

Regards!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't any experience with the BMC, but after 2 years on my PR6, I think it's the best tri bike I've ever had from a riding/racing AND practical standpoint. If it breaks anytime soon, I'll just get another, with the new disc brake option. And my experience covers A LOT of great bikes, going all the way back to Dave Scott Centurions and includes P3s, QRs of all sorts going back to Dan's early models, Litespeeds, Specialized, Cannondales, Kuota, and Kestrels. Super stable at high speed in the aero (50+ at Du Nats in Oregon last year), easy to work on and break down for travel, super reliable over nearly 10,000 miles of riding so far. I haven't changed anything except putting a Stages left crank arm and changing the aero extensions to PD's T4 shape (from the stock T2 ski bend type).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
felipe.g.c wrote:
thanks for your answer! if you want, you can answerts in english, sorry for the post in spanish, i changed it. I may have a good discount in prsix, probably i choose the prsix. you said "son igual en el merito, pero son diferente" can you tell me that in english, i dont urdestand the meaning of "son igual en mérito" (i speak spanish, but i dont understand the idea)

Regards!

what i meant to say is that the CF SLX and the PR6 are equal in merit. as a value, they're equal in my mind. however, they aren't the same - they offer value in different ways. for example, the SLX has a more refined front end, with its integrated drink system, 3 different pursuit bar positions and so forth. the PRSix, however, is really easy to work on. less complex. 2 allen keys and you can pretty much do anything on this bike.

i jumped on a PR6 in kona, the day after i arrived. it was built up to match the fit coordinates i sent to them. the bike felt like i'd owned it for a year. so, i don't know if the brands themselves would characterize it this way, but the PR6 takes everything we reliably know about how good bikes work, how they fit and handle, how they should adjust, and places this into a very predictable, high value proposition.

the CF SLX takes everything we know and projects this into a bike that strives to be ahead of the rest of the market, rather than the best exemplar of the market. if you consider the shiv disc, this bike is a moonshot. this is an attempt to take cycling to a new place, with not much consideration for the current state of the art. this is contrary to the thinking behind the PR6. how does the PR6 handle? reliably. predictably. how will the shiv handle? i have no idea. but, maybe, better than the PR6 or any other current bike (that's its claim). or not.

the CF SLX is probably in between QR and specialized in how it views its products.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... and of course: Canyon... well, Life is too short to ride black bikes. Get a nice Roo - you´ll love it!
Quote Reply
Re: QR pr6 versus BMC di2 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"i jumped on a PR6 in kona, the day after i arrived. it was built up to match the fit coordinates i sent to them. the bike felt like i'd owned it for a year. "

This pretty much sums up my first ride on my PR6, too. Sometimes I've had a bike that I wondered if I had the right one (Kuota Kalibur, Specialized Transition). But the PR6 felt like home from the first ride. If I have any tri-bike envy at the moment, it's for the newer PR6 version w/the disc brakes, mostly because it would simplify my wheel stable now that most of my other bikes are disc as well.
Quote Reply
Re: QR pr6 versus BMC di2 [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBriGuy wrote:
"i jumped on a PR6 in kona, the day after i arrived. it was built up to match the fit coordinates i sent to them. the bike felt like i'd owned it for a year. "

This pretty much sums up my first ride on my PR6, too. Sometimes I've had a bike that I wondered if I had the right one (Kuota Kalibur, Specialized Transition). But the PR6 felt like home from the first ride. If I have any tri-bike envy at the moment, it's for the newer PR6 version w/the disc brakes, mostly because it would simplify my wheel stable now that most of my other bikes are disc as well.

there's a guy on another thread - the one about josh and i on front wheels, stability, center of pressure - and he mentioned that he had the same experience i did with deep bontrager aeoluses: very fast, but kind of a scary ride. so, he got on a zipp 303 in front and he's happy. the interesting part of that, to me, is that i'm riding a 700c zipp 303 on my gravel bike. i could very easily take that wheel and put it on my tri bike, because both have disc brakes. and this is my wheel thesis: that all wheel tech is converging.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next