How y'all doin?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 3rd Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STRESS!!!

Heading to Hawaii for holidays on Friday (yeah, I know - poor me), but I have a lot of work to do before I go.

My goal is at least 3 runs before I go. I'm supposed to run tonight, but it will have to be outside & it's currently 6°C and raining. I'm feeling a little down on the running. It seems hard & I keep thinking it should be getting easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard trail half-marathon Sunday. Then job interview on Monday for perfect, amazing, dream job at perfect, amazing company. Fingers and toes crossed.

I'm happy with the race and trying to calm down to wait for the word on the job.

One week of transition and then I'm picking tri back up after a three year break.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in YVR! All the rain yesterday just about sucked my soul dry.

Last week was tough; no "training", lots of eating and drinking and a lot of travelling (and the accompanying stress). I walked a lot while in London and got in a short row on Sunday morning. And I found a new scent that I love (Jo Malone: English Pear and Freesia) so that is making me happy at the moment.

This week - just hoping to do more than last week (already achieved). I have another swim lesson on Sunday so should really try and get in the pool before then.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 3rd Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday was pretty bad weather - sorry bout that :-(

Today was a lot better, I hope you got out and enjoyed the sun!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 3rd Edition [FyreHaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sending good vibes for the job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did! Ran along the sea wall. And really enjoyed it! Need to figure out what to do tomorrow; Thursday is looking like a swim date so maybe I should go to Granville Island and pig out...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 4: WIN
Bike x 2: WIN
Run x 2: WIN with 4
Core/strength x 4: WIN

Took 3 days off running after the 6-hour - walked Sunday, made a late (Canadian) Thanksgiving dinner for us at my mom's place on Monday, then walked and swam on Tuesday. Eased back into running on Wednesday & it felt ok, but I think I did a bit of damage rolling my ankles on the course. It felt better running on Thursday, and my Sat/Sun runs were fine. Kept it all easy effort and mostly flat to help both injury and post-race recovery, but I'm actually feeling really good! Better than I'd expect for a week after an ultra.

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 2
Run x 6
Core/strength x 4

Ran tempo last night for the first time since the injury - no flare up and I felt pretty good! Have a bit of an odd race next weekend - it's a 10k plus a 5k an hour or so later - and I'm tempted to hunt a 10k PR with as well as I've been running since July. I'll be pacing a friend who does a run/walk through the 5k, so I can really lay it all out in the first part.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Thanks! Potential boss is a marathoner. One of my interview questions was "What do you think of women only races?" It was a question just to hear my thoughts, no right or wrong answers.

I'm working super hard to not be totally heartbroken if I don't get it. If I do it has the potential to radically change my life. and I could afford a housekeeper. You will definitley hear if I get it.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 3rd Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
it's a 10k plus a 5k an hour or so later

Oooh, that sounds like a lot of fun!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: at least a B on the midterms got a 99 on one of them, which rocks, and a 74 on the other, which was actually the average score. Still have a B in the class so am ok with it, I guess., day off from running done, bike commute at least 4 days done, 1 longer ride done, swim 5-6 days done

The rough thing with last week was food. With the tests I kind of ate junk while studying, and had 2 mini-binges. Thought ok, it was a test week, we'll get back on track, then binged a little last night out of tiredness. I need to go home and take a nap I think... tired today. Also, BOO on Maine re-electing Paul LePage, our governor who in his past term made national news a bunch of time for shooting his mouth off.

Totals were 9500 yd swim (5 swims), 52 mi bike (5 rides - one 25 mi long, the rest commuting), 54 mi run (6 runs)

goals for this week
get back on track with eating
day off from running
probably racing this weekend
swim 5-6 times
bike commute 4 days
long ride if I don't race.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last weekend raced a bunch of cyclocross. So did the husband. I had a decent time, he didn't. Anyway, didn't do too badly, solidly mid-pack the first two days but on Sunday was dead last in my category. Which wasn't surprising. My pre-ride of the course scared the crap out of me. It was definitely the toughest and most frightening course I've ever been on. So when the start went off, I didn't really kill it like usual and rode pretty passively and carefully. I got pulled off the course after two laps (most of the race did 3), and wasn't even that bummed about it, mostly relieved as I didn't have to suffer through a third lap, though, looking back, I might have been able to build some confidence on that third lap and feel a bit better about the course. Oh well.

this week is kind of a 'whatever' week and I have some house projects I'm working on - namely hanging curtains in the newly renovated master bedroom. The hardware was purchased last night... I either need to buy curtains or make some.

So this week I don't really have goals or 'requirements'. I needed some downtime weeks, and figure last week and this week would be it. I had been feeling rather tired and cold lately.
Additionally, I did a bit of searching and found I shouldn't be taking an iron supplement with a magnesium supplement. So now I started spacing them apart from each other.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm...trying to be back. Physically I am mostly recovered, just some muscle imbalance issues on the surgery side. Mentally, well, divorce sucks and I'm fine one day and a sniveling mess the next. I hate all of this.

In an effort to pick myself off the floor, I'm back to actually training on my bike. I ran for the first time last week and will likely try again this weekend to see how it does when I've been riding.

Goals:
Bike x 6 (3 done)
Run x 1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was little to no skating as I was taking the officials course, letting my sore foot rest/getting my boot reshaped, and refereeing our mini meet. It was k's first time racing and she had some challenges, falling in her 3rd race. She got a bit upset, and sat out her 4th. She then came in 3rd for her 5th race and WON her last race. So she went from frustration to defeat to almost quitting to victory! She was so brave and I'm really proud of her. The funny thing is it was kinda like looking in a mirror... In a strange way, it was helpful for me to see how she worked through the event. Gives me hope I can figure it out. :-)

I also managed 3 runs and only 1 ride, but did get in 2 drills/weights sessions. Feeling good and strong, and the skate/boot/foot thing is getting resolved. Amen to that.

This week was going to be "cram as much in to a week as practical" - 5 skates (4 done), 4 runs (3 done), 2 drills/weights/core (not done yet) and watch the food (3 days consulting/ working offsite often leads to poor food choices). So far so good.

I have 3 weeks until my next meet, I'm skating really well so I'm pretty excited. K will race at that meet too. Should be fun times.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 3rd Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Additionally, I did a bit of searching and found I shouldn't be taking an iron supplement with a magnesium supplement. So now I started spacing them apart from each other.

Good to know! I think iron and calcium are two others that you're not supposed to take together.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 3rd Edition [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for you to keep on keeping on. I can't imagine all you're going through.

Sounds like good news with the ankle though.
Quote Reply