Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

45 bodies found in New Orleans hospital
Quote | Reply
I guess these are some of those losers who didn't heed the call to evacuate, and have nobody to blame but themselves. 45 Bodies Found at New Orleans Hospital By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 3:03 p.m. ET

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Forty-five bodies have been found at a hospital that was abandoned more than a week ago after it was surrounded by floodwaters unleashed by Hurricane Katrina, a state health official said Monday.

The bodies were located Sunday at Memorial Medical Center, said Bob Johannesen, a spokesman for the Department of Health and Hospitals. Johannesen said the bodies were those of patients, but he had no other information.

The Louisiana death toll rose to 279 on Monday, up from 197 on Sunday, Johannesen said.

On Sunday, reporters were kept at a distance from Memorial Medical by law enforcement officers as workers removed bodies from the hospital, situated in the city's Uptown section.

The 317-bed hospital, owned by TenetHealthcare Corp., remained closed Monday and was still partially surrounded by floodwaters.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: 45 bodies found in New Orleans hospital [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lazy bastards.

Bush should have been down there carrying the infirmed out of the hospital on his back instead of vacationing in Texas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe they were all in the morgue BEFORE the storm...maybe.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: 45 bodies found in New Orleans hospital [record10carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe Bush saw your thread and he decided to let them die.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: 45 bodies found in New Orleans hospital [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Omnicient Bush making my dreams come true...he is a god...where do I sign up to start a new church? I can be Reeeeeeeeevvveraaaaaaaaand RALF!!!!! From the Hooooooooooollieeeeee Moooooooolieeeee Curch of Rockford...Amen Halaujia!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Maybe they were all in the morgue BEFORE the storm...maybe.
That reminds me of the joke about the plane that crashed into the cemetary. The rescue workers had recover 1000 bodies so far and were continuing to search for more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to the AP this morning, some of those bodies were there before the storm. Others were folks who probably (according to the doctors) would have died regardless of the storm. In the course of a week, people die in any hospital, storm or no. Some deaths were attributable to the lack of power (no air conditioning), causing temps to rise to 106 degrees in the hospital. I noted the other day that the SE Louisiana Emergency Operations Plan requires hospitals to have generators located above flood level. I guess no one in that hospital thought they would need fuel for more than one day. I think any hospital administrator in Florida could have advised them on that. Even with smaller, less intense storms, and no flooding, our hospitals here had to run on generators for 3-5 days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/...americas/4240132.stm

"Their bodies were only removed on Sunday, and the news only announced on Monday afternoon, hours after President Bush had left the New Orleans area."

Poor bastards. Brushed under the carpet after they're dead.
Quote Reply
Re: 45 bodies found in New Orleans hospital [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Poor bastards. Brushed under the carpet after they're dead.
Is that what they wanted done with their ashes?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats a good un.

heh heh heh.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
45 bodies found in New Orleans hospital

It isn't out of the ordinary for hospitals to house bodies of the deceased. It's actually part of what they do.
Quote Reply
Re: 45 bodies found in New Orleans hospital [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are going to do autopsies on the bodies. Let's hope most of them died of other causes than the flood.
Quote Reply