Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 20 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 20 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoops, it appears I've missed a few weeks. I ran my last race of the season (a half marathon) last weekend. This weekend I had two full days of practical skills testing for my firefighter qualification and the three written tests are later today so that has kept me busy since I last posted.

We are off on holiday on Wednesday so looking forward to a break and a reset.

@edbikebabe : how is the running going?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 20 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's going quite well! I'm managing 5/6 runs per week & I'm alternating 10min/20min. I'm working towards having my short runs be 15min, with longer runs around 30min. I have a 5km fun run on New Year's day & I'd like to do a 10km in March/April. Meeting my goals seems very far away - but I'm proud of my commitment.

Congrats on the firefighting stuff - that's intense (and very cool). Where are you holidaying??
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 20 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 days in England (that's where we are from), then back overnight before 5 days in Vancouver. Lots of fun planned, not least my first time bouldering.

Sounds like you are making excellent progress on the runs! If you want company for your spring 10k just let me know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got in all workouts except I missed one bike and one swim. Mainly because I had a massage type appointment to work on a couple of small issues so they don't become big issues.

I also decided I really needed to buckle down and get back to doing regular morning workouts in addition to the evening ones if I really want to make my goals happen. Problem was that many times when I set my alarm for the am (keep in mind this is only 30 mins earlier than my husband's alarm goes off normally, so not a BIG difference), I was shutting the alarm off and snoozing away, then not getting in what was intended for the day later. But I was feeling really really sleepy in the mornings, tired, etc.

For some reason today I tried again and felt pretty awake when the alarm went off for that morning workout! So yay me, I got up and did the bike trainer.

Goals this week -
2 swims (already did 1!)
5 runs (already did 1!)
3 bikes, including cx race on Sat. (already did 1!)
2 x strength train (already did 1!)

I have been really feeling the daylight loss too. It makes me a bit bummed out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 4: WIN
Bike x 2: WIN though I'd really have liked to get in 3
Run x 6: WIN
Core/strength x 4: WIN

I did go for a gorgeous photo hike with my husband on Sunday instead of another bike workout, and since I'm tapering & trying not to get myself hurt it was probably a better option than going mountain biking anyway.

This week's goals:
Swim x 1
Bike x 0
Run x 4
Core/strength x 2
Mobility/stretch x 2

Horror Hill 6-hour on Saturday - yikes!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: bike commute at least 4 days done - I was in my office Sunday - really liking it, at least one actual longer ride on the weekend nope spent the time tutoring instead, swim 5-6 times swam 5 so yes, day off from running no

I had a good week. I am proud of myself for doing so well with food. I don't remember the last time I binged and that is an awesome feeling.
All the bike miles below are from riding to school and back

M: 6.2 mi run + 2000 yd swim + 6 mi bike
T: 8 mi run + 2100 yd swim + 6 mi bike
W: 7 mi run + 3000 yd swim
T: 6.2 mi run + 1800 yd swim + 6 mi bike
F: 8 mi run + 2800 yd swim
S: 12 mi run
S: 8.6 mi run + 6 mi bike

totals 55.9 mi run, 11,700 yd swim, 28 mi bike

Goals for this week: day off from running, swim 5-6x, bike commute 4 days and longer ride

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Oct 21, 14 14:52
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 20 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you get to YVR ping me!

Last week was a good skating week, some very good sessions, and I also completed my level 1 officials course for Speed Skating Canada... eek! Also did a fab fall 4+hr hike with P and the dawg. Beautiful out.

This week I am off site "consulting" for 4 days, so I need to watch the food intake (we alway shave too much food available and I will just graze for hours). 3 runs, 1 ride (Monday - DONE) and 4 skates including.... my FIRST SHORT TRACK RACE EVENT! AUGH! I am so nervous! But I have to do this! Be brave, AP, be brave!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 20 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The speed skating sounds awesome and I'm sure you will do the womens proud!

I shall definitely ping you when I'm in the area; it looks like it will be the trip on which I hang out with *all* the internet people as I already have plans to meet up with three separate people I know from Fitocracy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just want to whine a little... My week is not going as planned. I feel generally awful, with no real symptoms. Missed a bunch of work this week & have done no physical activity.

I actually miss running. That statement alone suggests I am not of sound mind...
Quote Reply