Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Must give some kudos...
Quote | Reply
...to the American gov't/system. Think about what this country is going through right now: war in Iraq/Afghanistan, 2 Supreme Court vacancies(the timing of one being a bit of a surprise), and arguably the worst natural disaster in U.S. history, nevertheless the gov't/country is still functioning. There are arguments to be made about how all of this will turn out, whether things are functioning at their peak, etc., but is there any other country that could face these kinds of issues/crises at the same time without violence, gov'tal shutdown, etc.? If there are, they can be counted on one hand....

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: Must give some kudos... [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This hurts, but I have to admit it, Mclamb. Fine post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must agree and have been since day one. As of this morning just six days after the hurricane came on shore a list of various amazing accomplishements...at least to me.

I couldn't agree more, only a handfull of countries in the world could have responded to a disaster of this magnitude, with the effectiveness, speed and orderliness that this has been being dealt with. Even a special Zip code has been set up for those in the Houstan Astro dome campus to recieve mail, amazing!

I'm still waiting for some of the neysayers to come up with a more proficient plan....oh and without the vision of hindsight.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"but is there any other country that could face these kinds of issues/crises at the same time without violence, gov'tal shutdown, etc.? If there are, they can be counted on one hand...."
-----------------------------

Guys, don't be big-headed - plenty of countries are capable of dealing with this - you are not the only ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Must give some kudos... [davet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. They're busy taking on Darfur and North Korea....Oh, wait....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really don't think the OP meant this to sound "Big headed". Is it a crime to have a little pride in ones country...apparently so if ones only meter was this board.

The OP did say a handfull of others could probably also. Take into consideration that the area of destruction is reported to be roughly 90,000 sq miles, an area that is larger than 43% of the countries of the world, it's easy to see how complete governmental shutdown would be likely.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Must give some kudos... [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right and my reply sounded a little pompous too.

I just get fed up with the "Only we could do X" when in fact there are lots of countries that are equally as capable but (thank any relevant deities) are not having to cope with it.

USA is going through a tough period - some of its own making, some out of its control. I expect that you will make it, with your core beliefs intact, and make it easier than the majority of other countries would do. I hope so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"but is there any other country that could face these kinds of issues/crises at the same time without violence, gov'tal shutdown, etc.? If there are, they can be counted on one hand...."
-----------------------------

Guys, don't be big-headed - plenty of countries are capable of dealing with this - you are not the only ones.

Kick while were down, aren't you Mr compassion.

When I read Mclambs post I thought he/she was coming from the non American standpoint with the opening statement.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply