Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept. 1 Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy Labor Day for the US womens. How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 1 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Main goal for this week: finish the revisions to comprehensive exams (I got a conditional acceptance, which means once I make revisions, they're good). No binges. Swim at least twice, ride at least 112 miles (not all at once ;-)
My revisions are not done, but I worked on them. They're due Tues., Sept. 9 but I am trying to finish in the next day or so.
Food did not go well. These exams are causing me an immense amount of stress, as is unstructured time in the evening. I need to get some pre-cut fabric squares to sew... that has been a good thing to keep me occupied in the past.
I did swim twice, and did not ride as many miles as I'd hoped, but I did the longest ride I've done in about a year and I am proud of that. I am also proud that I took a day off from running.

M: 8 mi run* + 16 mi bike
T: 9.5 mi run + 11 mi bike
W: 9 mi run* + 0:30 stair master
T: 8 mi run + 2400 yd swim
F: 8 mi run + 2400 yd swim
S: 8.5 mi run + 13 mi bike
S: 42.2 mi bike

*descending quarters
* 3 x 1 mi @ 10k pace

totals 4800 yd swim, 82.2 mi bike, 51 mi run

Today we are going to the Harmony Free Fair to see what's up there and do the Skillet Throw (seems like fun). Other things to look forward to this week - The League (TV show) starts up again on Wed. night. I will finally get the house to myself on T/Th afternoons as my family members will be at work/school (dad has been on vacation which has been both fun and tiring).

Goals for the week - finish the exams. Keep a food/emotions log as I think that will help me stop binge eating. Swim twice, get lots of bike miles done - Sunday is an event I'm looking forward to; a 76 mi ride that I did last year.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Labour Day for us up here in Canuckistan. :-)

Last week: "I am off work so I'm going to relax and enjoy some time off, do some work on the house, sleep in, and whatever else I feel like doing or not :-)"

DONE and DONE. :-) We loafed at the beach, I ran twice and SWAM yesterday. Not much else. Very relaxing week off.

This week: last lazy day today, but will run this morning. Then back at it - aiming for 2 more runs, 1 more swim, 3 rides, 2 skates (skating starts Sat and I will skate with the kids AND my group, helping to coach the kids, should be fun!).

I decided to sign up for Leadman after all but for the "85" distance - 1k swim - 75k ride - 12k run. About 1h30 shorter than the 125 distance which suits me fine. The ride is 45k up and 30k down :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two bike rides, including the last race of the year.

Sunday was a swim clinic with Sheila Taormina. Awesome!!! Paid for and got back into the pool with Masters today.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Managed swim x 3 and run x 4; no biking but I got in two sessions of the Oregon stability project routine. Also stuffed myself into hazmat gear and didn't freak out.

Watched the ITU elite men in Edmonton yesterday; that was awesome.

Quiet week this week - my second ever sprint is on Saturday; goals are: front crawl the whole way (I hate open water; can easily do the distance in the pool), don't crash on the bike (any tips for cattle grids?), actually run the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not too bad. Last week was kind of a 'whatever' week.
Over the long weekend a huge house project was completed. It was two long labor-intensive days but we accomplished the goal.
I decided to take on a 'nutritional challenge' for the next 12 days, starting yesterday - it's basically eating really clean for 12 days. No sugar, caffeine (I'll have to gradually cut back on my 1 large cup of green tea per day, I suppose), and a few other things.
So my desk at work today looks like a fruit stand. LOL.

Goals for this week - the food, figure out a fall 'training' schedule... and the first cyclocross race of the season is this coming saturday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
September means new coach, new goals and no more laziness disguised as IMC recovery. Its going to take a bit of determination and focus to get back into a training routine. Not only did I do very little in the month since IMC, I also did very little in the 3-4 months leading up to IMC as I was frustrated with my former coach and training planning. Yes, I know that not training is counter productive to training but things were really bad. I have a new coach and so far things between us seem to be really clicking. I am very excited to start again...

This weeks goals are:
4 swims
3 runs (including 1 transition run)
3 rides
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two PT sessions, each with a 1 mi run beforehand to warm up. Foot is finally feeling better about running and I'm back on track with diet. My husband has been experimenting with grilling, so while he made and ate half a rack of bbq-sauce covered ribs, I had 2 super-lean EVOO+S&P ones. It's really frustrating to watch him eat everything in sight and do one workout a week while he has IMAZ looming, but that's his choice...

Goals this week: 2 runs outside of PT warmup, one swim, and one >30min bike ride.

Slightly longer-term goal: Drop to 135 by Oct 2nd for my birthday trip to Vegas. Hard, but not undoable as I'm 143 right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear some of the womens are struggling. Stay strong and keep looking for ways to move forward - I'm pulling for you!

Set no goals for last week since I was motorcycle touring. We camped the whole way & walked/hiked around Science North, the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum and the historic village at Fayette State Park. When we got to the rally at our friend's place on Friday I finally had time to get a couple of runs in (7.5km & 11km) - we'd been getting up at 7am, packing camp, riding & checking out cool stuff all day then not arriving at the next campsite until after 6:30pm, so no time to do anything except set up, make dinner & light a fire.

We didn't visit a single restaurant until we got to the rally, when we'd all go out for meals as a group (though I'd generally still have to make myself something to supplement the little I can eat from restaurants). I'd make breakfast & dinner, then we'd snack on trail mix at gas stops during the day for lunch. As a result, I actually came back weighing slightly less than when we left, which is a huge win.

The Gyro at Science North - ass-kicking full-body workout!

George Lake at Killarney Provincial Park

Tour packed

Sunset on the South shore of Lake Superior

Whitefish Point signal light & lighthouse keeper's restored residence at the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum

Riding beautiful roads on Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Campsite

Sunset over the Big Bay de Noc on Lake Michigan's North shore

Huge smelting complex at Fayette Historic State Park (pig iron company town from 1867-1890)

Snail Shell Bay - site of Fayette Historic Village

Riding with friends at the rally we reached on Friday of the Labour Day weekend.

This week's goals:
Swim x 3
Bike x 3
Run x 5
Core/strength x 3

Cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Sep 4, 14 8:25
Quote Reply