Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Casey
Re: This guy sounds angry [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Angry isn't the word.

Unprofessional and lacking the qualities that a leader should have.

It's his city. Why didn't he have a plan to deal with this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nagin: - to give me executive powers. To authorize me to dictate and manage military resources down here and Ill fix this for you. You call him right now and you call the governor and you tell them to delegate the powers that they had to the mayor of New Orleans and we'll get this damn thing fixed. It's politics man and they're playing games and they're spinning. They're out there spinning for the cameras.

Talk about politics.

The president is screwing everything up, and the mayor will fix everything ... just divert all power to the mayor.

Perhaps he should have controlled what he could have and not waited until 2006 to become interested in feasibility studies of upgrading the levees to handle a greater than cat 3 hurricane.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: This guy sounds angry [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talk about politics.

The president is screwing everything up, and the mayor will fix everything ... just divert all power to the mayor.

Actually, just give the power to the governor of Texas---they seem to be doing more to help than anyone else at this point!
Quote Reply
Re: This guy sounds angry [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Actually, just give the power to the governor of Texas
Didn't we do that? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: This guy sounds angry [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you....as a Texan I'm pretty proud right now. Here in Dallas we've opened up Reunion Arena and the Convention Center to the victims. Same with locations in San Antonio, Houston. Local radio stations are organizing successful supply drives, etc. in which they are being bombarded with charitable donations. The Dallas Independent School District is taking in kids who are displaced from their schools. Local universities are doing the same for students of U of New Orleans, Tulane. Lots of good going on in a bad time.

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Re: This guy sounds angry [runningmanrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As much as my comment was a dig at almost everyone else involved with this, I'm incredibly impressed what your state is doing to help out in a very tangible way. Kudos to all involved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its amazing to read that and then consider it in the context of Rudy's response four years ago.

Nagin projects zero leadership.
Quote Reply
Re: This guy sounds angry [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great question.

Quote | Reply
He's angry for a reason. He's trying to get something done and he's meeting up with bureaucracy at the state and federal levels. Why don't they declare martial law? Why don't they commandeer some Greyhound buses if they don't have enough public buses? And his point about the drug problem is extremely important. I'll bet that explains most of the violent crime going on. It's refreshing to hear a politician lay it out on the line. You think it's "unprofessional" because he uses strong words? I appreciate his bluntness.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thank you....as a Texan I'm pretty proud right now. Here in Dallas we've opened up Reunion Arena and the Convention Center to the victims. Same with locations in San Antonio, Houston. Local radio stations are organizing successful supply drives, etc. in which they are being bombarded with charitable donations. The Dallas Independent School District is taking in kids who are displaced from their schools. Local universities are doing the same for students of U of New Orleans, Tulane. Lots of good going on in a bad time.
Wow that is AWESOME make me proud to be a ..... uh....errrrr Hoosier. Oh well close enough, but keep up the good work!

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: This guy sounds angry [dire wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just for the record "they" did commandeer buses, just the wrong ones. http://www.foxnews.com/...,2933,168270,00.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some people don't react well to death and disaster. I'm sure he has seen more of it than any other politician at this point that has been popping off at the mouth on tv. I can almost sympathize with the man. He was screaming for help before anyone else and it has been slow getting there. He sounds desperate and shell shocked. I can't honestly say that I would have handled the situation any better. I don't know what his statements will do to his career in politics but I think he doesn't really cares at this point he just wants help.
Quote Reply
Re: This guy sounds angry [weak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://static2.podcatch.com/blogs/gems/snedit/WWLAMInterviewNagin.mp3

I can't believe people can listen to that and not feel bad for this guy. Give me a break.
Quote Reply