Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Reality of Katrina [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other officers have turned in their badges as the situation continues to deteriorate.

That is not acceptable to me.

Your vow to protect and serve doesn not rest ... even when it gets "really bad".

Certainly they have every right to quit ... I just don't see much honor in it .... and I think being a police officer is a very honorable profession.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: The Reality of Katrina [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The reality of Katrina is that LA is a relatively poor state, NO is a relatively poor big city in the US, and the inner city population would be considered very poor by all US standards. These people didn't have a lot going for them before Katrina. The reality is when place a large poor inner city population in distress you are going get to have problems, anywhere, regardless of the type of disaster. What we are left with now is not a Hurricane disaster, it is a poverty disaster, because now the rest of the country is forced to deal with a large group of people that managed to remain under the radar living and just barely getting by. In that sense this was unavoidable. Even if you move everyone out of NO you are still going to have to deal with very, very poor people who are unable to take of themselves now that they are displaced.

I don't see how any amount of planning would prevent the suffering that is taking place. Sure you could have modified the suffering somewhat, but there is no bright alternative to the situation even in hindsight.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply

Prev Next