Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

US declines aid from other countries
Quote | Reply
I saw this blurb on the news last night. Why would we turn anything down right now? I hope this isn't true because it would just stink of "fucking Americans!"

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Re: US declines aid from other countries [runningmanrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, they seem to be trying to do this so right, that they are failing to do anything. Just think of the air traffic problem they'd have if they loosed helicopters all over the place. I'd risk it as it's worth more than having people die of dehydration. How does one coordinate such an effort when so much is gone?

Israel said they'd send doctors and teams to help. But where do they fly to, who picks them up, who helicopter inserts them into the hospitols, who feeds them. They are told to wait and for good reason.

Tuesday we sent crews of workers from Northern MN to help out. They were told to be 100% self sufficient for two weeks, including two ems they brought with. Of course help like this is pouring in from all over, but it's more dramatic and revenue producing to report or misreport the bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are they going to do with the stuff when it gets there? They can barely even deal with what they have and to drop another logistical problem on the people working there now doesn't sound to intelligent does it? Things don't look to good in N.O. right now do they? But I would say the problems aren't with the fact that they don't have enough supplies on the way it's that they can't get it where it needs to go.

You should try and think through a situation logically before screaming about "stinking of "fucking Americans""
Quote Reply
Re: US declines aid from other countries [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'd risk it as it's worth more than having people die of dehydration. "

Wouldn't it be worse to have helicopters or planes crash at the already desperately limited airport space that they have? You would just be further decreasing the amount of help you can get to the people stuck there.
Quote Reply
Re: US declines aid from other countries [Tyrius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey dipshit...my point being that if another country offers aid, we (the US) don't turn it down. And when we (the US) don't accept, it makes us look like assholes. The "stinking fucking Americans" comment was geared towards other countries' attitiude towards us (the US) because we (the US) are "too good" to accept charity when it's offered!

Does that spell it out better for you?

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard a quote from Bush yesterday something to the effect of any aid will be gladly accepted.

Re: US declines aid from other countries [Tyrius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but you can see that. The idiots blaming everyone all the way to our nations figurehead can't. They want their emotions soothed, and blame does that. Doesn't help, but it feels good. They'd stand up and cheer if the helicopters would drop cases of water into the crowds. Might kill a few and all the bottles would break, but it would make them feel good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Does that spell it out better for you? "

Actually it makes you look like more of an idiot. You didn't answer a single one of my questions, just repeated your silly diatribe.

"we (the US) don't turn it down."

What if by accepting that aid you use people's time that are busy trying to evacuate and get the aid that we already have there to the people who need it. Should they say to the starving people "Sorry, we gotta find a place for this plane to land and then unload all of the supplies. We'll get back to you in a few hours. Rick doesn't want us to look "too good" to other countries so we have to worry about their feelings while you are suffering"

Go back to my original post, do what I told you to do and if you still come up with the same conclusion then maybe you should ask someone else to help.
Quote Reply