Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lighter Side: Rock Star INXS
Quote | Reply
Did anybody see the show last night? Did anybody see the one that got kicked off use the race card?

He just sucked, dude, get over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Lighter Side: Rock Star INXS [TriPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did anybody see the show last night? Did anybody see the one that got kicked off use the race card?

He just sucked, dude, get over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually I didn't mind Ty, but that JD character is a royal butthole. Too much love of self and the manicured eyebrows are just stupid. I was hoping he'd get nuked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the blonde that did Bohemian Rhapsody just killed! Awesome rendition

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Lighter Side: Rock Star INXS [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that was really good. i think they favor her most now, instead of jordis...but she is really great too. for some reason jordis almost brings tears to my eyes when she performs...it's so heartfelt.

i have a crush on the blonde guy. man, he is outta sight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's keep this all in perspective, shall we? It's not American Idol, it's to "replace" Michael Hutchens (sp?) As if his untimely death wasn't embarrassing enough...

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Ty was just frustrated because it's harder for a black guy to be seen as a rock artist. Not that many black or black-mixed race rock bands out there. He also seemed like a perfectionist that was always pretty hard on himself, and a good deal of it was just wondering just what he could have done to connect better with the voting public.

I thought he was pretty good. Once they got rid of Jessica the pole dancer, the remaining singers were all very talented musicians. He just wasn't roight for Our Band:INXS.

Of the ones left, I think Suzy is the most talented musician, but something just doesn't connect with me. Marty on the other hand, I'd love a chance to not only buy the scary conductor's album but also see him in concert. He may not be vocally perfect, but he's got the It Factor in spades.
Quote Reply
Re: Lighter Side: Rock Star INXS [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not American Idol

They are all too talented for American Idol. That Australian boy is hot.....kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Lighter Side: Rock Star INXS [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THere are some good female singers, but the idea of INXS with a female singer is weird to me. I'd bet no matter what the band will choose one of the guys.

I agree. They should stick to their own kind- pick the hot Aussie boy...kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Lighter Side: Rock Star INXS [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a friend and fellow musician at work who happens to be African American. I told him about the whole thing and asked his perspective. Actually, was just checking myself to make sure I wasn't being racist. I love the band Living Color (the Ty guy reminded me of the singer)...But I don't think it would cut it for the Living Color singer to front Inxs any more than as much as I hate to say it one of the females still left, no matter how good they were. Is that bad of me? It's funny, all white blues bands can do ok, but stick a male or female African American in front, and all of a sudden they're a hit, go figure. It's all about the mojoe and appearance of fitting the part.

Of the three guys left, the Aussie and the other dark haired guy (the ex Elvis guy) have the better voices, but I don't think they'll cut it in the end. The Aussie doen't like to actually sing the correct lyrics which has already been noted, and the other guy just seem to goofy.

So, that leaves the blonde...He sure doesn't have the best voice, not by any means, but I really think he has the look and attitude that will win in the end.

Oh, BTW, how did I miss the "Pole Dancer"...Should have started watching sooner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting to see what everyone has to say about the shows.....I used to go and see INXS 25-26 years ago when they first started and played in Australian pubs. There was usually my friend and I, the band girlfriends and about 10 other people.....they were totally amazing and Hutchence was charisma personified.....he oozed sex appeal for both men and women.

So it's kind of interesting to see who is left in terms of replacement.....in some ways JD is most like Hutchence who has a similiar arrogance but I think he had more personality to go with it.

My vote is of course for the aussie guy..Mig
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's cool for the contestants.

The blond rocked.

Living Colour had one hit ... and it's still over-played (the bruthas could rock though).

In the end ... it's still INXS and w/o Michael, I don't see them doing much, outside of being involved in a semi-intersting reality contest.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Lighter Side: Rock Star INXS [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree he was frustrated,but to use the race card as an excuse for him not getting picked was silly.

There are lots of great black rock musicians, Lenny K is probably the most well known at the moment.
As an ex-musician myself, I have always known that world as color blind.
As long as you have talent to bring to the table, you're in.

Its too bad he exited as a Drama Queen.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drama Queen... I liked that.

The music is getting hotter. The House band rocks! Probably better than INXS. And I must say, I don't mind looking at Brooke Burke... as much as possible.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Lighter Side: Rock Star INXS [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's the ONLY reason I watch that show......man o man is she HOT.

Too bad she's not a tri girl.
I'd draft off of her all day...damn the penalties.

; )

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She does scuba dive, though. A few years ago, I met her as a friend/co-worker taught her to how/certified her. Real friendly and upbeat. I didn't wash my hand for a week after that!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still don't know why they would get a chick to front the band.