Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Turning Cycling Shorts Into Bibs
Quote | Reply
There's a lack of women's bibs available and for a while I'd wear men's bibs before I'd wear women's cycling shorts. The few brands that do make bibs usually only make them in black and I'm a fan of matching kits when I ride. I do have two kits that are made for women that have bibs and I find myself wearing them all the time.

I think I want to try to modify a pair of shorts to make the bibs. I'm messing around with patterns right now. In my mind it should be simple on some shorts. I have a pair of Pearl Izumi shorts that are really high waisted and I think if I take the waistband out I can just sew on suspender like straps made from lycra, copying the pattern from other bibs.

Has anyone tried this before or know of anyone who has.
Quote Reply
Re: Turning Cycling Shorts Into Bibs [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I inherited a pair of very odd shaped mens 3/4 knicks that had very narrow legs (which is why they came to me)

They also had quite a high waist, so I just took a bit of fabric out of the centre front & back seams to give them a bit of shape and sewed a couple of lengths of wide elastic to the top of the waist to form the biby bit. Cross over at the back to just wide of where boobs would be if I had any at the front.

Worked well and they were supremely comfortable. I don't wear them much any more as I've worn them to the point that they're not polite in public anymore. When your bestie bike buddies start complaining about the view, you know it's time..
Quote Reply