Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week? July 7 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for you for addressing it head on! I wish I'd had the metaphorical balls to deal with it like that in my last firm. But hey, I got taken to a less-clothing-than-Hooters bar because my boss wanted a designated driver! >.>

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 7 Edition [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah then we could go eat ice cream together, er, I mean, drink coffees together. :-)

I too am almost 10lb over my Comrades weight and am pretty frustrated, I've upped my activity level, I'm eating better/less, drinking less, drinking more water, but it aint' budging. My legs are massive and I know a bunch of it is from the speed skating. If I am going to be ~ this weight because of skating then, OK. It makes running harder tho - extra pounds to move around.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 7 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Thank you for the link. I laughed at this
Quote:
A human is not a substitute for a feline companion.

because I think a feline is often a good substitute for a human companion!!!

Me too. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 7 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tigerchik...so sorry about your kitty. I've been there, it sucks. I have one that we nearly lost to a liver infection back in February that might be sick again, fingers crossed that he is OK!

I did my first half ironman on Sunday. It went great and WAY better than expected! We drove the bike course on Friday when we arrived and I freaked out as it wasn't what I expected for Alberta...definitely not flat, kind of long rollers. Had my little cry about it and then became oddly calm. I am NEVER calm before any race! I still felt OK race morning. I followed my plan for staying far left on the swim. Waited 10-20 seconds to let people go, then just swam. I had no contact with anyone, and it is the first race swim that I have not panicked! I was so happy, I think it really set the tone for the day. The bike was tough, strong winds and those hills made it hard, but it was a looped course so was able to see my DH as well as the others from town on the course numerous times. I have to say I was VERY happy to get off my bike! The run went OK, my nutrition plan kind of fell apart (I think I over fuelled on the bike) but I managed to hold out. Didn't walk except for a couple of aid stations. I didn't really know what to expect time wise but was thinking 7 hours so was happy with my 6:40. I was still the slowest out of everyone that did the race from our town, but I got it done and feel good about it. Taking a bit of a rest week then back at it next week. Thanks to all the womens in the "those voices" thread for the encouragement!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 7 Edition [glowstickgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You did GWN? It's kind of on my "maybe/someday" radar - although I'd have to actually start running again I guess...

I'm glad it went so well. Staying calm in the face of unexpected challenges is very impressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huge congratulations on your first half! That's massive! Sounds like you had good luck with nerves and good planning for the rest. What an accomplishment!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race.. I'm sure your teammates were every bit as excited to see you out on the course and how well you did. Ive been at both ends of the ability spectrum in groups I've trained and raced with.. In every case, everyone is involved in the progress, success and hard times of each member.. congrats again.. you are an important member of the group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your finish - I am glad you did it :-)
my fingers are crossed for your kitty.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next