Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mandaric Cycles
Quote | Reply
Wow! What a beautiful bike!

http://www.mandaric.com/products/sauron/

I didn't know that Ves was still making bikes. I remember in about 2000 the Yaqui tri bike was the hottest thing around. Times have sure changed, but good to see that Ves is still at it.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Re: Mandaric Cycles [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Prevost wrote:
Wow! What a beautiful bike!

http://www.mandaric.com/products/sauron/

I didn't know that Ves was still making bikes. I remember in about 2000 the Yaqui tri bike was the hottest thing around. Times have sure changed, but good to see that Ves is still at it.

That's hot. Ves is a great guy; I'm very glad to see that he's still able to make bikes. I *almost* got one of his frames in the past, but the stars didn't align just right. Some day...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it make s me happy to see this post. ves makes great bikes and i've had a wonderful experience working with him.
peggy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have my Yaqui Mariola circa 2001. Rode it in 5 IM's I think. great bike, super fitting, and light.

I use it as a training bike and have only made a few upgrades along the way, still pretty much the original set up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a forum member who had/has a sweet green mandaric road bike that uses a similar scandium/carbon frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Mandaric Cycles [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"There's a forum member who had/has a sweet green mandaric road bike that uses a similar scandium/carbon frame. "

i know a forum member who's got a number of mandaric road bikes, including a carbon-rear/scandium bike with campy record on it. that forum member may have good taste in bikes, but he's an a-hole in real life.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Mandaric Cycles [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pdxjohn wrote:
I still have my Yaqui Mariola circa 2001. Rode it in 5 IM's I think. great bike, super fitting, and light.

I use it as a training bike and have only made a few upgrades along the way, still pretty much the original set up.

I had a Yaqui Manzanita and the wife had a Yaqui Aerolite. Bought them both at Supergo in Oceanside. That was a great bike shop! I have not seen a Yaqui in years.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is 8 years old and still going strong...

I'm neither 8 nor strong.
Quote Reply
Re: Mandaric Cycles [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice. That bike is a keeper.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Re: Mandaric Cycles [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw this new bike on gravelcyclist.com

First, you do a double take.
Then, it's 'wow'.
It is a jaw dropper:

More at:
http://www.gravelcyclist.com/...l-cross-gravel-bike/

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Mandaric Cycles [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NICE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i saw that at interbike. it's just as nice or nicer in person. i think gravel bikes bring the market back around to mandaric's wheelhouse. he can weld any metal.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thankfully mine has Campy Chorus on it or I would have thought you were talking about me.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Mandaric Cycles [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as i recall, i believe i was referring to myself ;-)

however, my description could refer to you as well only in that mandaric + campy chorus makes for a good match, one that i have deployed on several occasions, and my current road bike is a campy chorus equipped bike.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm almost embarrassed to admit that, despite the campy logos on the frame, I pulled the Chorus from my Mandaric and replaced it with Shimano. Have been quite happy with the switch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought you couldn't mix@match sram and shimano hydraulic brakes? Designed for different fluids or some such.
Last edited by: JSully: Oct 26, 16 8:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Just saw this new bike on gravelcyclist.com

First, you do a double take.
Then, it's 'wow'.
It is a jaw dropper:

More at:
http://www.gravelcyclist.com/...l-cross-gravel-bike/

That is NICE!
Quote Reply
Re: Mandaric Cycles [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I thought you couldn't mix@match sram and shimano hydraulic brakes?"

on my litespeed gravel bike i have sram with shimano centerlock. i had to hack the tabs off the sram calipers. otherwise fine. it's mechanical. i haven't switched to hydraulic yet on that bike. i built it during the sram road hydraulic recall.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"I thought you couldn't mix@match sram and shimano hydraulic brakes?"

on my litespeed gravel bike i have sram with shimano centerlock. i had to hack the tabs off the sram calipers. otherwise fine. it's mechanical. i haven't switched to hydraulic yet on that bike. i built it during the sram road hydraulic recall.

Yeah mechanical doesn't seem like it would be a big deal. I'm interested in hydraulic(so I can run sram hydraulic rim brakes with shimano shifters)
Quote Reply