Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [AdamL2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really?! Maybe I’m an idiot because it doesn’t work with my powertap pedals.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Powertap specs page does show ANT+ and Bluetooth SMART connectivity. Not sure why yours doesn't pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [sierrabobusa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
America first?

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hello Wayne,
I have the same problem with accuracy of HR (gymlink) and GPS during open water swimming profile. Can you please check if my model of V800 have the same issiu wich flogazo described? SN of my V800 is C540990072090S.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [chupacabra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may want to plug your watch into your computer and with Flowsync perform factory reseat and assign your V800 back to your account. If you downloaded your latest training session you will not lose any data. Your transmitter may need to be replaced if HR recording is an issue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to vent about my #1 frustration with the V800 (which I mostly love otherwise) here now:

Finding the route start!

I like the navigation feature, but they totally messed up finding the route start for routes that you want to join somewhere along the way.
What's currently offered is "Navigating to the closest point of the route" (and then following it as normal):
E.g:
  • You start at location A (see picture) and want to join the red route
  • When choosing the option "Navigating to the closest point of the route" it apparently calculates that point as B and navigates you toward it with a directional arrow.
  • On your way there (you have to cross the bridge) you actually meet the route at point C
  • You'd prefer to continue on the route, but the watch insists you go to initially calculated point B
The problem: It doesn't re-adjust the calculated "nearest point on route" as you navigate towards it.
This is especially frustrating as exactly that functionality does exist within the watch whenever (after successfully having found a startpoint) you leave the route. In that case it will always point you towards the CURRENTLY closest point of the route. It is beyond me why that same functionality isn't also enabled for initially joining the route.

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Last edited by: flogazo: Jul 17, 18 22:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sent you a PM Wayne.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [ChrisZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everybody,

apropos Polar V800 display, since the first use of my new V800 (12/2016) I have been experiencing sporadic (around three times per hour) display abnormalities (bug?), which consist of sudden appearance of horizontal strips of variable height and location on the display (white strips on black background as in the linked pictures (time mode, cycling session); black strips on white background), whatever the chosen mode (time mode, session recording mode...). However, a simple screen refresh (pressing two times a button) easily fix the display bug temporarily.

Thus, before I decide myself to send my V800 to my local Polar service center (I have still 4 weeks left before the end of the two years warranty period), I was wondering whether any of you who use or have used a V800 have also been facing with this not really severe but sometimes annoying display bug?

P.S.:
I haven't tried a (hard) factory reset yet.
Last edited by: Pierre G: Jan 17, 19 13:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the V800 broadcast HR? I would like my Tacx trainer to pick it up, and also the wahoo when riding outside. -Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [TimW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The watch does NOT* (it is not a HR sensor), but the heart rate-strap does.

The Polar HR strap I got with my V800 broadcasts the old Polar-Frequency AND Bluetooth Smart. (No ANT+ though).
So when I ride on Zwift, it connects to my AppleTV via BT and to my V800 via Polar legacy frequency.

As far as I know, the newer Polar straps even support dual bluetooth broadcast.

*) Edit: Just remembered: It has a feature where it RE-BROADCASTS the HR signal to other devices (Has to be activated in sports profile). That feature NEVER actually worked for me though...

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Last edited by: flogazo: Nov 27, 18 3:33
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Pierre G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Addendum
Finally, I tried a hard reset which didn't solve the recurrent display issue, rather the opposite...
Thus, I contacted the French Polar customer service a few days before the end of the legal warranty period (two years) for the product and I was allowed to send them my Polar V800 for testing.
Within one week during Christmas time, I got back not my initial Polar V800 but a brand new identical one (new device ID) with the customer service report mentioning a complete replacement of the unit: what a great service from Polar!
Although, in my case, the initial watch was like brand new (not the slightest scratch on the glass or the case) and the wristband was still fine, I won't complaint to have got especially brand new battery and wristband.
After about two weeks of use of my new Polar V800, I haven't got any display bug for the moment: thus, the display issue seems to have been luckily solved.
Last edited by: Pierre G: Jan 17, 19 14:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question regarding how people use the V800 when swimming and incorporating intervals. The best I can tell, the rest timer kicks in automatically as soon as the V800 senses that you are no longer swimming. Are people pressing the lap button to end an interval, which then starts another lap which comprises the rest interval? Or, are they just letting the V800 continue to record and rely on the rest timer to kick in to mark the interval time and rest completion?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Walter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Question regarding how people use the V800 when swimming and incorporating intervals. The best I can tell, the rest timer kicks in automatically as soon as the V800 senses that you are no longer swimming. Are people pressing the lap button to end an interval, which then starts another lap which comprises the rest interval? Or, are they just letting the V800 continue to record and rely on the rest timer to kick in to mark the interval time and rest completion?

I initially tried starting and stopping to get better interval times, but it was too much work, and I don't think I got it right anyway. So now, I just swim, and let the V800 handle everything. I look at the time for my sendoffs, but that's it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I have recently tried unsuccessfully to perform orthostatic tests. I have
followed the recommendations from polar website with no luck.
I have used:
2 brand new polar pro straps
1 lightly used strap
3 HR transmitter with new batteries: 2 H7 and 1 H10
2 V800 watches (1st and 2nd generation) with the latest firmware.
All the hardware works when used for cycling, or in the weight room.
Using the V800 2nd gen. I can get 75% of the test before failing. This unit
has worked, with many hiccups, in the past.
Using the older V800 (which is actually a new unit a friend never used) the
test fails before the request to stand up. I have never been able to
complete a orthostatic test on this unit.

Considering the hardware tested (new, newest models, and otherwise
working), I start to believe that the issue may be in the firmware.

Did anyone go through this before?

Needless to say:
- the straps are tight
- I shaved my chest (wife still laughing)
- I put water and/or saliva on the straps
- I tried also with the HR on the side (~ under the elbow/armpit)
- I clean the straps with cold water and a soft towel

Considerations:
- the combinations that gets closer to the 100% is the pro strap, with H10 and
2nd gen V800
- the fitness test goes smooth (80% success rate) with the 2nd gen V800, it
fails ~50% of the time with 1nd gen V800

Any help is appreciated (I want to buy my friend unit, as my v800 battery is getting old)
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Socarlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've seem to have tried it all. And if your wife only laughs about that you're all good.

The only thing I can come up with would be some kind of heart arrhythmia making the QRS shape fall out of what the Polar test can be used for. I searched the Polar site and drew some conclusions so this is just physiology by a mechanical engineer.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [AdamL2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent you a PM Wayne.
Quote Reply

Prev Next