Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Variation in fit - Desoto shorts
Quote | Reply
I purchased a pair of 400-mile shorts last year after reading about them on ST, and I absolutely love them! So this year I decided to add another pair to my rotation. I received them in the mail, washed them, and went to put them on the other day for my ride, and they are not even close to fitting like last years. They are small enough that I can't wear them, and since they have been washed and all tags/packaging disposed of, I can't return them either.

Has anyone else found a drastic difference in sizing from year to year?
Quote Reply
Re: Variation in fit - Desoto shorts [erincs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I read somewhere that they have changed their fabric somewhat. have you tried emailing or calling them? they are pretty good about wanting to make the customer happy. Its worth a shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure Tracy from DeSoto will clarify!
I bought one of the "last" pairs of DeSoto xs 400milers in 2008 or 2009. They made few XS back then -- Carrera, but not the Forza, if I remember correctly. The following year they resized, and no shorts fit me -- I even went to DeSoto and tried on a bunch with Emilio. This year, they seem to have added an XS size to most of the womens line. I think they are working pretty hard to find the "right" sizes for most womens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, this years model is way smaller than past models. I had to go down a size, and even then I had considered going down two sizes. Its a pretty dramatic size difference. But I still love the shorts, love the new waistband, and the new pockets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. I'm having that problem with multiple types of DeSoto clothing. A medium sports bra I purchased from them two years ago fits wonderfully, but I tried to buy some more this year, and the mediums are WAY too small/larges are too large. I have a pair of size small 400-mile shorts that I also purchased two years ago. They fit fantastic. Bought a new pair of size small 400-milers this year, and they were so small, I couldn't get them on. As you say, not even close to the way they used to be sized. It's a bummer, because I adore my older DeSoto stuff. I just can't get their new stuff to fit me.
Quote Reply
Re: Variation in fit - Desoto shorts [Eileen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here -
I've started looking at other brands - any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Variation in fit - Desoto shorts [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sugoi.
Quote Reply
Re: Variation in fit - Desoto shorts [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Gee -

Thanks for reaching out! I can't tell you how happy I am to HEAR you, tell me your frustrations so I can do something about it! I am sorry that you have struggled. We actually sized our 400 mile shorts this year to be consistent with our other triathlon sizing - so if you buy a size small in one of our shorts, you should buy a size small in ALL of our shorts. I had many women complaining that they were a size medium in our previous 400 mile shorts, but they wear a large in all of our tri gear. We are working really diligently to make it all very consistent across the board!

The new 400 mile shorts are also compressive, but trust me, they will stretch!! Once you get them on, move around in them a bit, give them a try because most women then write me back and go "yep, you're right ... I now LOVE them!" But - they will likely be one size difference from previous versions due to our desire to have consistent sizing in all styles.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

tracy@desotosport.com

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Last edited by: sdtrigirl: Jun 16, 14 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: Variation in fit - Desoto shorts [cstine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going down one size is spot-on due to our desire to make them sized consistently with our triathlon shorts. Great job!

Tracy M. De Soto
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: Variation in fit - Desoto shorts [Eileen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Eileen -

Which style sports bra did you purchase? They should be consistent, though we also instituted a FIT chart to help you with your expectations. What I mean by this is that a size medium should fit you across all styles - however, if you want a tighter, more supportive fit you will be looking for our: compressive pieces which fall in our forza category. If you are looking for a form fitting or even loose in some styles, you'll want to go with Carrera, but all size mediums should fit you. Pleas keep in mind, if you chose compressive fit, it will feel very tight the first time you put it on. It real will! But it will stretch - you need to just give a few wears and it'll be perfect!

I'm happy to help you via email too: tracy@desotosport.com

Thank you so much for your support, feedback and patronage! I only want to make better product for you, women!!

Tracy M. De Soto
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: Variation in fit - Desoto shorts [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi SusanH -

Can I ask with which pieces you are having problems? Perhaps I can make a suggestion and help you out!

Please feel free to email me at: tracy@desotosport.com

Tracy M. De Soto
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In addition to sizing and style changes, there seems to be some changes in quality. I bought a pair in April and they sat in the box until this weekend b/c i wasn't crazy about the new waistband. Fifty miles into my ride, I realized that the center seam was unraveling. DeSoto offered to repair if I pay to ship the defective shorts back. So, I'm babying my old style ones to get me through my next IM. :(
Quote Reply