Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Does Jesus want Hugo Chavez assasinated? [armytriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there is a bit of a difference though to people who are reacting to this the most between an ex-Presidential aid and a minister. The majority of the "outrage" in this issue is directed at what people feel is hypocrisy from a Christian, a famous one at that who is involved in a lot of "moral" issues/debates in this country.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Jesus want Hugo Chavez assasinated? [Tridiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Precisely so. I think most would agree that assassination can be a viable alternative and are not so naive to think it hasn't been tried or considered by administrations in the past.

Robertson is a Christian leader who should clearly no better if he actually believes what he preaches.

My real question is whether the outrage has gone far enough. The religious right(i.e. Dobson, Reed, Bauer, Robertson, et. al.) bristles when some on the left refer to them as the American Taliban, but how different are Robertson's statements as compared to the fatwas coming from radical Muslim clerics?

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: Does Jesus want Hugo Chavez assasinated? [Tridiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Point taken and agree what PR said was not very Christian like. I think the left is far less outraged than they are gleeful that a conservative put his foot in his mouth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Outrage and glee aren't mutually exlcusive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think most people thought that assasinating Saddam would have been a great option, if we could have actually done it...

But then again, I'd guess even the most hardcore conservative would agree that the threat posed by Saddam is a little bigger than Chavez...

I'd guess even the most hardcore conservative would agree that the threat posed by Saddam is a little bigger than Chavez

Nope.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Does Jesus want Hugo Chavez assasinated? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang.

OK, besides you and Casey.

Nope.....but I'm not a conservative.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply

Prev Next