Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Talk show host fired for comments on Islam [GJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I would make the case that your statements are bigoted, stereotyping hate speech. When the Catholic members of the IRA were engaged in terrorist acts in the UK, did you make statements like the ones above against all Catholics? There are millions, if not billions, of people in the world who practice Islam. You may not know a single one, but please try to refrain from lumping them all together with the terrorists."

The IRA Catholics are a very secular group. Islam based terrorism has widespread support in the religion itself and Islamic population and in the mentality it instills in Muslims as a whole.

2 educated and articulate Arab Muslims that I observed being interviewed on TV over the last few days ..

Representative of Arab Nations to USA said that the root problem is that there is not a single Religious leader, from the prominent to the one's in the local Mosques that he has come across who has the ability or the motivation to interpret Islam in such a way as to be able to intergrate with modern society. Obviously as a Muslim he cannot admit to any short comings in the religion itself. But being an educated man with some foresight and powers of observation he points to the problems of interpretation but has no solution to the problem which he falls just short of openly admitting. The implications are obvious though.

Professor of Muslim studies UCLA, interviewed on a predominantly Muslim audience channel where I'm at claims that the problem is that too many religious leaders are not qualified to teach and interpret Islam in it's proper form. In it's original proper form, there would be no danger of incitement of terrorism and such. I wonder if this is not just rhetoric to make non Muslims believe that it is an interpretation problem and not the premise of the religion itself. With great concern he says that Genocidal measures should be avoided at all costs. It is almost as if he can see that a situation may come that this may end up being a real possibility.

Here was a chubby, sweaty bearded Arab man. But this guy when he spoke was captivating. He spoke with great articulation, made his interesting points powerfully with perfect clarity; one of the best speakers I can remember listening to.

I feel that listening to intellectual Muslims speak (vast majority of the World's Muslim population are not educated except in the fundamental teachings of Islam which they are very well schooled) are very inciteful and give even greater insight to the profundity of the problem and confirmation to our own suspicians ... my own at least....especially when they reluctantly, indirect as it may be to admit to the basic problems of the religion and how it's related to terrorist incitement. Who better to know than the creme de la creme of the educated intellectuals within the Islamic community itself.
Last edited by: kangaroo: Aug 24, 05 21:18
Quote Reply
Re: Talk show host fired for comments on Islam [haris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I aqree with that, and I think it's valid for all the religions."

Absolutely. But problem is there is one religion right now that is in the limelight, through too many occurences, as a threat to the rest outside of the religion and even to those within it's own faith. This religion seriously needs an extreme makeover.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk show host fired for comments on Islam [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5280:

Ok, I accept that you weren't taking a stand by raising this one example of speech being stifled. My fear was that you might be banging this drum because you feel all Muslims are terrorists or bad or whatever.

It may not have been just the call from CAIR, but their fear their license renewal might be in jeopardy if they allowed such inflammatory rhetoric. One would have to know the thinking of management, a set of facts outside our ken.

Best regards-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply

Prev Next