Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Returning to triathlon training after hip arthroscopy?
Quote | Reply
I put this in the main forum but it got buried too quickly.

I'm due for surgery in just over two weeks and wanted to get a feel for roughly both how and how long it took others to get back to swim/bike/run training based on what sort of work was done during the arthroscopy.

I'm also soliciting for insights on how that sport-specific training progressed and anything to watch out for.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Returning to triathlon training after hip arthroscopy? [PumpkinEater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what its worth, i had repair of 3rd degree anterior labral tear and some bone shaving for FAI at age 35 - 12 weeks later I was downhill skiing and in the best shape of my life (at the time - it was before triathlon). Good luck.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Returning to triathlon training after hip arthroscopy? [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had hip arthroscopic surgery July 10, 2013, the surgeon debrieded the tear(about 30%) of my labrum, and shaved down the boney impingement on the neck of my femur. I was back in the pool in about 3 weeks, and outside on my bike in about 6 weeks, and a return to running in about 16 weeks. I'm training now for my first 70.3 in Boulder next month, and I feel pretty good, the hip isn't perfect, but I'm starting to hit the same speeds and paces I did prior to the injury. Good Luck with your surgery, for me it was the only option, I was miserable and unable to do the things I love with out it.
Quote Reply