Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help my club build new trails!
Quote | Reply
I really didn't want to post here but voting is so close that I am trying to recruit votes where ever I can. My mountain bike club, CAMBr, is a finalist for a Bell Helmet Grant for funds to build a mountain bike park in the Chicago area. We do not currently have any such feature within 70+ miles of the city. Almost 100% of the mountain bike trails we have in the area are built and maintained by CAMBr with little monetary contribution of public funds so this grant will really help us expand our efforts to create safe trails across the region. And as this is the womens CAMBr is extremely encouraging of women riders by sponsoring Womens Trail Days and donating race entries to women riders for our annual race, the Palos Meltdown (which I am the RD for).

So if you have a free minute, please vote for Andres Bike Park here: http://www.bellhelmets.com/bellbuilt/

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Help my club build new trails! [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to add that I grew up right near Andres Park in Carpentersville. It is named for the first local boy that was killed in Vietnam; that young man was my best friend's older brother. I was back there ten years ago and was really sad about the state of disarray the park was in, so it's really exciting to see it being put to such good use. Please, please, please vote if you have a few minutes!! I know it means a lot to Keith Andres' family.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Voted!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Voted!

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
voted
Quote Reply
Re: Help my club build new trails! [jimruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Voted!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Voted - good luck!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
done

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply