I think it means...

"I got this as part of a mass e-mail and I'm forwarding it to you."

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: My Old Girlfriend send this email to me...... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha slowguy.

If she actually was trying to say something I doubt she's admitting she's wrong. She's more likely to settle for "we're both wrong" and obsessive about things.
Quote Reply
Re: My Old Girlfriend send this email to me...... [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It means if you hadn't been so caught up in your career aspirations, we'd still be together. By the way, how'd that promotion work out ... ??? Yeah, I thought so.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It means she went on vacation, took a siesta with some fishermans wife while he was playing guitar and drinking with his bandmates. The other women has an MBA from harvard, and she has a business idea that directly competes with whatever you do. Oh and your screwed, literally not figuratively, b/c two women are more conniving then you could ever be. They already have millions bankrolled, are two times bigger than you, moving rapidly towards being three times bigger. She is going to discuss how she took you down at a later date when she offers you a low level management position (at a reduced pay level, of course) where you have to fill out daily activity forms while living in a 6x6 grey cubicle.

Good luck dude.
Last edited by: desert dude: Aug 24, 05 20:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you guys are all deluded in trying to interpret why she sent you the message

she is a woman - how can you possibly have any idea what she is thinking..?

A

:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should ask her what she meant by sending the story. Tel her you like the story and get the point and ask her if she thinks it's about you. Maybe she will respond 'no, it's about us,' or 'no, it's about me.' Maybe she's sorry she ended the relationship. The only way to find out is by asking her.
Quote Reply
Re: My Old Girlfriend send this email to me...... [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
while she works 16 hours a day to buy her villa in south Florida.

I think she is missing the point.
Maybe she finally got the point and wants to change her life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
LOL...all good stuff.

Her response to my inquiry was simply "A discussion for the future."

What's up with that? Future?
Ask her!
Quote Reply
Re: My Old Girlfriend send this email to me...... [fausto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love this thread. Maybe someone can write a novel inspired by it? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: My Old Girlfriend send this email to me...... [fausto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You should ask her what she meant by sending the story."

Yup you should ask her and not us. At least you'll get the actual skinny on that email instead of mere speculations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want her "fish", its time to buy her a South Beach Villa. You know that she would not be caught dead living in a village full of drunk Mexicans.

Jim

Last edited by: trijs: Aug 25, 05 8:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised that so many of you have it wrong...

She is simply trying to tell you that since being with you she smells like fish and only sleeps with Mexicans.

You obviously have a way with the ladies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What really happened.

After the mexican fisherman listened to the ideas he responded .

Well that's all great except that for every fish I sell I must pay 35% income tax plus the 15% federal vat tax leaving me with 55 pesos for every 100 pesos I bring in. Now that wouldn't be so bad except for a couple of things.

1st is that to buy a bigger boat I need to get a federal boat license. To get that license I would have to go down to the license office and stand in line for four hours just to apply for one. The fee for the license is only 10 pesos but if you actually want to get alicense you need to pay the licenser a bribe of around 10,000 pesos. If you want to fish that day instead of just standing line it will be another 10,000 pesos to get to the head of the line.

The license must be renewed every year and you must pay the same fees and bribes every time.

If you actually want to use the boat to fish, you have to pay for a fisherman's business license. The fee for that license is 500,000 pesos, more than I could possibly pay for with my extra fish every year even if I had a slightly larger boat.

Rather than do this a lot people just get an unlicensed boat. That is a fine solution except that if you ever have a problem with something being stolen then you have ne recourse with the police. Also, since I wouldn't have the proper title for the boat I could never get a loan to buy the bigger unlicensed boat unless I got the money from the mafia.

In addition without the title any time the local PRI gets mad at our village they come through and round up all the unlicensed boats, which are many. Then you are stuck with nothing but a big debt to pay to the mob.

Mr. American I have already thought of your ideas, I'd love to provide for my children but I just don't see how it might work. If I saw the vaue in doing what you suggest I would have already done it.

In my own words the idea of the lazy mexicans who provide just enough to get by is ridiculous. We are to believe it is just a way of life. In truth the federal system is setup to give this sort of behavior with the taxes, fees and bribes that need to be paid. Think about it this way, these would be the same mexicans that are on the street corners of any american city ready to do anything, literally any sort of back breaking work, for $5 an hour. How do we reconcile the idea of the guys lounging around in the sombreros with the guys on the street corners.

They are from the same place, probably the same family. Yet the guys here in the U.S. sure aren't lounging around the afternoon taking naps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forget what the e-mail says. The fact that she sent it is more significant. She's still not over you, which means that you can still nail her. It also means that strings would be attached. She's looking for a relationship and, unfortunately, can never be just a fuck buddy.

My best advice: Delete the e-mail and forget it. The go out, get drunk and find a one night stand. The worst thing you could do would be to respond. She's too high maintenance and that would only feed the monster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mail her a can of sardines and say adios.

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The latest response was:

"No reason in particular.

I just liked it and wanted to be the fisherman!"

Who knows? Not like her to send something w/o a reason. Perhaps she has turned the corner......

Quote Reply

Prev Next