Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Just another reason why being married sucks. [Cmikul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

3. Are they really married because she has a different last name?
My wife does not have my last name. Yes, we are "really married".

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Just another reason why being married sucks. [neotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
I got DQed for the only time in a triathlon taking that attitude. It ain't always so.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Just another reason why being married sucks. [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You guys are amateurs! Here is some advice from the pro (me)...

Start off being very very firm as if you are laying down the law. If, for instance, you want a new pair of Zipp wheels, tell her you are planning (not discussing) on getting a new pair of Zipp wheels and a Cervelo P3 with DuraAce. She will naturally be so pissed that when you revise your plan to "only" get the Zipp wheels, she will think you are being reasonable and are caring for her needs. This is so old school and proven that I am surprised none of you brought this technique up. Go for more than you want, then reduce your demands and you are left off with what you want. I am disappointed by my fellow males inability to master this simple skill.
This is the "door in the face" method of salesmanship (easier to sell something less expensive after having something more expensive being rejected). The opposite is the "foot in the door" method (gradually increase what you are selling).

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Just another reason why being married sucks. [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ken,

I guess we now know who wears the pants in your family :)

-neotri
Quote Reply
Re: Just another reason why being married sucks. [neotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ken,

I guess we now know who wears the pants in your family :)

-neotri

It's actually my two year old daughter. If Rebecca ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I allowed my wife to buy a horse for ~$18,000 in 1998. I still have marital credits to burn.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
[AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy way to get hubby to buy the rug for you. Tell him it is a sex rug. When he comes home from work, greet him on the rug wearing nothing but your bike shoes (that always gets me going).

After having sex on it a couple of times, he'll never question the purchase. We men are easy if you hit the right buttons
Quote Reply
Re: [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Tell him it is a sex rug"

Just make sure you lay down some plastic sheets as not to stain the expensive rug :)
Quote Reply
Re: Just another reason why being married sucks. [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shortly after I got engaged to my wife, my dad and I were out for a beer. In the course of conversation, he turned to me and said, "Matt, in the course of 40 years of marriage, I've learnt there are 3 secrets of success to a long marriage."

This of course piqued my curiosity. "So, what are they?"

He looked me in the eye, and said:

"Timing. Timing. And timing."

I heeded his lesson well. I bought my tri bike a few weeks later, as my fiancee was still aglow with the engagement proposal and ring.

My wife and I didn't get each other wedding gifts for the wedding, so when we were on our honeymoon and 'happened' to end up at the Prada outlet in Italy, I just turned to her and said "Happy wedding, knock yourself out."

I got my road bike when we returned home.

Turns out dad is an incredibly wise man. And for the record, I quite enjoy being married.
Last edited by: mfreeman72: Aug 20, 05 13:12
Quote Reply
Re: Just another reason why being married sucks. [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"so he is pretty much making fun of his marriage in a public forum, via you?

His marriage mustn't be worth much to him"

Just about every married person I know makes fun of their marriage or spouse sometimes. If you can't do that, you'll end up pretty miserable pretty quick.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: [neotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Tell him it is a sex rug"

As if there are any other types of rugs.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Just another reason why being married sucks. [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a difference between making fun of your own marriage - and having one of your jackass buddies - doing it for you in a public place though!!!

Don't you agree?

If his buddy was at home laughing about it (as indicated) - why didn't he come in here and post it himself - then I would take no issue with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Just another reason why being married sucks. [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a lot of you are being overly sensitive about something that doesn't affect you in any way. If Gator's buddy passes on an amusing story about how he tried to sweet talk his wife into a new bike, and if he agrees with Gator that the story is amusing enough that other Slowtwitchers might like to hear it, and if Gator changes the names and e-mails, why do you care? Maybe his friend doesn't have a Slowtwitch account, or maybe he's over at Gator's place and they aren't both logged on and that's why he didn't post it himself. Either way, who cares? You guys are calling Gator an A-hole for passing on his friends story. I think many people here need a nap.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next