Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pink Port-a-Potties!
Quote | Reply
Hello from Utah!

I did an all female 5k today in Utah (my first race at altitude) and they had pink port-a-potties. Not only that, two were labeled with female-symbol stickers and one had a male and female sticker. Cleanest damn things I've ever seen (mirror still intact, no graffiti, hand sanitizer pump inside).

Oh, and I PR'd by almost 40 seconds to finish in 31:14 - I'm THIS much closer to getting sub 30!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Pink Port-a-Potties! [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the PR!

I did the Women's Love Your Body run in Sandy last September - there is a 5k and a "15k" (it's 8.5 miles) - highly recommended next year.

I'll be in SLC June 16-20ish, we should get together :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
genius. Pink it and don't stink it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the PR!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Pink Port-a-Potties! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Oooh, I'll have to look that up. We're doing a 5k at Albion High next weekend (super weird how most of the races here have downhill profiles - feels like cheating!) and Sandy is just next door to our town. And yes, totally up for meeting when you're out here!

Quote Reply
Re: Pink Port-a-Potties! [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I was bouncing off the walls all day with happiness. Of course, I'm sore as all get-out today, but Easter is for mimosas, family, and friends... perfect timing for a recovery day!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the PR! You will get under 30 I'm sure! It's a good milestone - I remember when I got there. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Pink Port-a-Potties! [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much! I spent last year getting from 42 down to 32, then had about 5 races all in the 32's - SO frustrating. With the treadmill in the house and good motivation (I'd like to be in some epic shape by Sept for my 30th birthday), it's GOING to happen :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it takes making port-a-potties pink to keep them clean and the boys out of them I say paint them all pink!

Congrats on a great race! I love being post-race sore. You've earned it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply