Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kid's what's the point? Chapter II [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't blink...because in no time they will be teenagers and acting like adults. It is getting hard to remember when they were that young, and at times I really miss it. Nothing like holding your child in your lap as they fall asleep,

Shoot, they're growing up too fast as it is. My l'il girl went from a newborn to walking & climbing 12-toothed toddler overnight. My 4yo son changes daily. I miss the little guy that used to hang on to my shorts and ask me to help him put on his shoes. Now, he's mister independent. He went from "The Wiggles" to "Batman Begins" and "fantastic Four" in what seems like a week.

I spend a lot of time with my family, and I can still see the changes in them almost daily.

We still have a blast (all sorts of play), and we're doing new things (learning to read, etc), but I can already tell that they're growing up too quickly.

-------------------------------

I usually enjoy getting them to sleep (provided it's not going to be a 12-round brawl). I just wished they would "stay asleep". =) Now, [1] why don't either of my kids like covers?, and [2] why does my l'il girl always want to sleep sideways with her feet in my face?

-----------------------------

As a side, I am feeling a strong urging, almost compelled, to adpot a child. I don't know if it's because I am pro-life and see it as a responsibility, or if it is something religous or what. Does anyone have experience with adoption, and care to shed some light on it. At this point, I don't have a preference on gender, race, or nationality.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Kid's what's the point? Chapter II [BeeHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the end, when I am on my death bed and I am surrounded by no one (lets say my wife died before me), I can lay there and say: I am so glad I did not have kids. That boat I had was great.... that Lexus was top notch.

All my friends will say: "he had a great house.... what a guy."

Contrast that to me on my death bed surrounded by my kids, knowing a part of me lives on through them and the feeling of accomplishment of getting them to the point in their lives that they are at.

When it is all said and done, what is really going to have meaning for me at that time.

"Man, I am really attached to that cabin in Michigan...."

or

"Man, I have a bond with my very own flesh and blood that will last beyond me...."

That's a no brainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Kid's what's the point? Chapter II [frank_grupt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Full moon. Seriously. Could be a problem tonight too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Kid's what's the point? Chapter II [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap and I thought he was just teething.....I was planning on drugging him and putting him to bed. OralGel and Motrin works wonders sometimes...

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Kid's what's the point? Chapter II [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hate to drag this back to the top... but, kids, it just never ends. My daughter (25 years old) is in a hospital in Siberia waiting for health clearance so she can fly home. She was on an eco project for three weeks at Lk Baikal and came down with either the flu or food poisoning.

Parenting, the journey just doesn't end when they walk out the door.

Jay
Quote Reply

Prev Next