Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What will/would it take to secure the Iraqi/Syrian border? [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Different situation. Iran can hit anywhere in Israel with long range missiles (and god knows what kinds of warheads they already have). Saddam didn't have those options in 1981 - his only repsonse option to the Osirak raid was to sit back and take it.

Osirak was an incredible accomplishment, perhaps even greater than Entebbe.

While I prefer to not play with the Israelis, there is no doubt that they are very skilled and highly motivated.

Arabic proverb: "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend."

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: What will/would it take to secure the Iraqi/Syrian border? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I prefer to not play with the Israelis, there is no doubt that they are very skilled and highly motivated.

No doubt, I have a lot of respect for their millitary/intelligence (well, actualyl the Mossad hasn't been all that impressive in the last 10 years, but anyway...)

I just think the days where Israel can strike at will with no real military consequences may be over, at least in regard to Iran.

Prev Next