Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any womens try the new Mizuno wave riders?
Quote | Reply
If so what do you think?

These were my go to shoes for the past three years. They have substantially changed them and i took a new pair out for a run last night and not in love.

Curious what other womens think and what trainers you use?
Quote Reply
Re: Any womens try the new Mizuno wave riders? [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uch, why do they do this.

My go-to shoes for longer distances are wave riders. The pair I've got is good for another couple months -- might as well start looking at other options now.

Why don't you like the new model?
Quote Reply
Re: Any womens try the new Mizuno wave riders? [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have totally revamped upper & lower - and, in my humble opinion, not for the better.

The upper does not have as much room in the toe box - I felt squished and I have narrow feet!

They also felt rather stiff and clumsy - especially the heel.
They added extra/different cushioning, which is nice, but to me, all that extra feels clumsy/clunky and like too much shoe for me!

I am used to putting a new pair of wave riders on and feeling like I have wings on my feet - these felt more like bricks.

I may try the Sayonara next.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nooooo!!!! I did not want to read this. This is my main shoe for 8+ years now. Bah. I'll have to try them, but am not happy to hear about narrow toe box. :-(

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Any womens try the new Mizuno wave riders? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://runblogger.com/...y-tyler-mathews.html

This review sums up my thoughts in much more technical "running shoe" terms.

I ran the tow path yesterday and on the treadmill today and I think I am going to take them back and see if they have any older models left.

Sigh, I hate finding the right shoe - I really loved these
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've worn the mizuno wave riders for ten years, and have been extremely dissapointed with their new changes in the past couple of years. It used to be a great shoe, but I don't feel like it has the support and quality it once had. I'm very sad. Due to some feet issues recently I have switched over to the Mizuno Wave Inspire. I actually really like these shoes and feel like they are more similar to the originial wave rider.
Quote Reply
Re: Any womens try the new Mizuno wave riders? [ThePhoenix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the intel! I scooped up the older model wave riders while they were still around and am on my last pair.

I really, really do not like the most recent version so will definitely put these on my list to try next!
Quote Reply