Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to prevent 'junk' from chaffing during long run [auto208562] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lube 'em up with vaseline. nice and cheap and great for the skin!!
Quote Reply
Re: How to prevent 'junk' from chaffing during long run [auto208562] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not to brag or make you jealous, but I have an extremely small penis for a 46-year-old man than shrivels up into an "inny" when I run.

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Northface "better than naked" shorts. Amazing quality and will not chaff.

--------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like a good idea at the time. . .
Quote Reply
Re: How to prevent 'junk' from chaffing during long run [ltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ltri wrote:
not to brag or make you jealous, but I have an extremely small penis for a 46-year-old man than shrivels up into an "inny" when I run.

lol. "Turtling: it's not just for necks."
Quote Reply
Re: How to prevent 'junk' from chaffing during long run [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
Bagbalm...seriously. Google it.

Bodyglide for those less than an hour workouts, Bagbalm for anything longer. Cheap to.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: How to prevent 'junk' from chaffing during long run [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karma wrote:
X2 on bodyglide before.

Sounds like you need this though -http://www.aliexpress.com/...iLpbwCFeE1QgodvloA9w[/quote[/url]]

Nothing good has ever come from going to alibaba or aliexpress, why did I think this would be different. I'm scarred, you truly can find anything there.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always wear a speedo type thing under my running shorts to keep everything tied down. A+D ointment is my favorite anti chafe, unless I'm using my wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Re: How to prevent 'junk' from chaffing during long run [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2Toms ButtShield wipes. Just stuff one in your pants and problems are over.
Quote Reply
Re: How to prevent 'junk' from chaffing during long run [wisetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The buttshield looks like it's for biking. Not sure it was a joke or not but how does it stay in place in the front. Seems like it will just fall out the bottom of my shorts.

I went for a 9 miler and blistershield (and I assume anything like that like vasaline) does not work for me down there. It creates a host of other problems which I won't get into the specifics. I'll put down the clothing for my wish list but I am leaning towards just always wearing like tri shorts for now.

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have the same issue. I now wear zensah compression shorts under my running shorts. It completely solved any issue with chaffing. FYI. I have no affiliation to them just a product that has worked very well for me

http://www.amazon.com/...ywords=zensah+shorts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh the nasty junk chaffing. I've got that going on right now from my trail marathon this past weekend.

It could have been MUCH worse but I did gob on the aquaphor down there. Of course any area I didn't hit, chaffed. Also use it around my waste, armpits and back of knees if wearing tights. Works great.

The shower right after the run where you've chaffed. Damn that's pain.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Re: How to prevent 'junk' from chaffing during long run [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
Bagbalm...seriously. Google it.

I use this also but it is similar to vaseline--I will also use "Tri-Slide" spray as well & has worked just as well...but costs more per application.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could always go the castration route. More aerodynamic and you could maybe shed a pound or so in weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
auto208562 wrote:
Do you guys always wear compression shorts/tri shorts to keep it from dangling/rubbing against your shorts?

Shorts with a decent amount of support (I have been using Sugoi shorts with a semi-compression liner) and body glide or Glaxal Base diaper rash cream. When you've had kids and they're (finally) out of diapers, you will likely have a tub of this stuff sitting around doing nothing.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Re: How to prevent 'junk' from chaffing during long run [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brooks Sherpa 2 in 1 shorts with boxer brief liner are great. Very light and keeps things in place.
Quote Reply
Re: How to prevent 'junk' from chaffing during long run [2lazy2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always run in compression shorts like skins half tights or trishorts etc. Purely to stop any chaffe
Quote Reply

Prev Next