Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Women's tri bike shoes
Quote | Reply
I did a search of the forum and could not find a similiar thread so, excuse me if this has been discussed before.

I am looking to purchase new tri bike shoes soon. To date I have worn Shimano WT60 shoes and found them a little too roomy even with my orthotics in them. What have other women here worn and liked? I am looking at Pearl Izumi TriFly Carbon, Sidi T3 (might be too narrow in the toe for me) and Specialized S-Works Tri Vent.

Any feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's tri bike shoes [CDNtriGal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano too roomy for me, too. I have a pair of Sidi T2s, barely worn 37.5 I'll sell cheap -- too long in the upper for me, but otherwise I liked them. Currently wearing Specialized Trivent Experts -- these shoes are designed with varus correction built in, and I do not need varus correction, so I had to shim and wedge them. Had I realized, I would not have bought them, but at least now they're mostly comfy. That may be an issue for you too if you wear orthotics.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's tri bike shoes [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too, am wearing the Specialized Tri-Vent shoes. So far, I am less than impressed by their fit and am not happy that the LBS didn't mention the varus correction before I bought them.

From running many marathons, my feet resemble those of a friendly Mallard duck, so maybe I should check out the Shimanos that others find too wide.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Women's tri bike shoes [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went on a hunt for wide, small cycling shoes, and found the TriVent was the widest. I also cut off the bottom strap, and use a pinch clamp inserted handle end first, to stretch out the toe box.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Women's tri bike shoes [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
From running many marathons, my feet resemble those of a friendly Mallard duck, so maybe I should check out the Shimanos that others find too wide.

My arches have collapsed and I also have very wide feet from running. Shimanos are still too roomy for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's tri bike shoes [CDNtriGal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth I purchased the Pearl Izumi triFly Carbon last fall and used them for Ironman Florida. Was really happy with the fit and comfort. No toe numbness, etc. during long rides. Was previously in a Specialized carbon soled tri shoe (not sure of the model - they were a gift a few years ago) and was not a big fan. Definately like the Pearl Izumi's better.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's tri bike shoes [cdntrigrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. I have read a few good reviews of the PI TriFly Carbon so, I think I will give them a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you find the PIs run pretty true to size? I'm in specialized trivent currently... Do they fit bigger, smaller, or about the same?
Quote Reply
Re: Women's tri bike shoes [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True to size. 37 in both fit perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks! :)
Quote Reply