Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Jan. 27 edition
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone is doing well.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 27 edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a pretty good week. First half was recovery, and then family stuff over weekend, so not quite the volume I wanted. but still got in some good w/o

Swim x 5 for 12,900
Bike x 4 for 6:22
Run 30 miles
Also started a little lifting and core. So got that in x 3.

This week I'm starting a bike focused block. Wish me luck.

Happy training everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually got on the trainer a couple of times. I've had a terrible time getting out of bed in this super cold (9F this AM). I HATE the cold. I moved out of Kansas in 1984 to get rid of this and now I'm back in it. We were sold a bill of goods on this winter weather. And now my friend and co-worker who moved with me is leaving and moving back to Northern California because he is so unhappy here. And his partner moved back four months ago. So I feel like I've been abandoned.

Sorry for venting. I did do the treadmill 20 minutes at the hotel in Houston yesterday. And my new bike racing team had a get-together Saturday evening at my house. It was nice to meet them all.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We'll call last week a "recovery week", rather than just saying I totally tossed off.

Last week's goals:
Run x 5: FAIL. 2 only.
Swim x 4: FAIL. 3 only
Bike x 2: FAIL. Zip, zilch, nada.
Core/strength x 4: WIN

Show ran late Monday night, so we didn't get home until 3am. Tuesday all training was cancelled due to zombification. Managed to get decent workouts in Wednesday & Thursday, but all I did was swim on Saturday & Sunday. Other stuff happened. Meh, whatever.

This week's goals:
Run x 6
Swim x 4
Bike x 3
Core/strength x 4

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week wasn't too bad. I swam, got on the trainer 4x, and resumed running - 2x.
Wed. night was my appointment with my massage running injury fix it guy. Under his brutal hands, I about leapt off the table several times. Saturday I resumed running. I headed out cautiously to see what would happen. WOOHOO! Only the smallest hint of a twinge at the hamstring attachment point. I was thrilled beyond pieces and happier than ever.

Need to remember running is a gift. I'm blessed to be able to do this.

Next, I need to figure out why sometimes I bail on morning workouts, even if I wake up 'too early' and know I am not going back to sleep. This happened this morning.

I was going to get on the trainer. I bailed and instead left for work early... the roads have been pretty bad lately. This morning they weren't bad and I got to work early, but that was OK since I finished up a project early.'
'
This week - continue to get back into running. Get in pool and get on trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 27 edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry. I hate the cold too. I live south, but even for us, this winter has been cold. And your friends leaving - can you move back? Life's too short not to be happy. Good luck w whatever you decide.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 27 edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
woo hoo!!! back to running. It is a gift. Take it slow and good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 27 edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this coming week = PR in the 1000 yd free (meet Saturday), focus on run SPEED not volume, bike 4x. Not binge :-)
My wisdom teeth extraction on the 17th continued to mess with me last week. I developed dry sockets (um. swimming may have contributed to this) that limited me to kicking, so I had to skip my meet :-( I was both disappointed and in too much pain to care. Also, in the hubbub of dentist appointments, I managed to complete space cadet on an assignment for school. I've NEVER done that before! My professor was nice and gave me an extension.
Ummm I did some run speed workouts but I also ran too much overall
Did not bike - I sometimes use it to commute but I needed the car to get to/from the dentist
Food was kind of an ordeal with the teeth issues. I did okay-ish.

M - 8 mi run* + 1000 yd swim
T - 9.5 mi run + 1500 yd swim
W - 6.5 mi run** + 2100 yd swim
T - 13.1 mi run + 500 yd kick
F - 9.5 mi run + 600 yd kick
S - 9.5 mi run
S - 9.5 mi run

*(workout 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 min fast pyramid + 5 x 1 min super fast, 1 min recoveries through all)
** mini workout: alternate 1 min fast/1 min easy for 40 minutes

Goals for this coming week: no running tomorrow (Wednesday). Swim 6x. Bike 2x. Now that I can eat normally again, get back on the healthy eating thing.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a rough week. I'm sorry you didn't get to participate in your meet. Is there another you can target?

My daughter got the dry socket thing. It's rough. Takes a while to heal. Make sure to stay hydrated and get a little extra sleep, etc.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A big hello to all the womens!

Haven't posted in a few weeks - winter term is always crazy for me as I teach an extra lab class that is pretty time consuming. We are also socked in with wicked cold and lots of pesky snow storms that have me pretty down with the winter blues. I am also stuck inside for most workouts. Have been good about running on the dread mill, but not so much on the trainer. Flip side, been spending more time in the pool!

Last week:
4 swims
4 runs
0 bike
2 strength & core

This weeks goals
5 swim
5 run
At least 1 bike
Strength & core

Happy training to all!
Quote Reply