Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ladies Help Please / Valentines Day
Quote | Reply
I thought this would be the appropriate location on ST to post such a question, seeing as how this is where the female crowd is most concentrated. I consider myself to a romantic, and usually win the crowd over with Valentines Day gifts. Last year was a jar of 365 heart shape reasons why I love my wife, 1 for each day of the year. The year before a Tiffany's bracelets with sentimental charms etc.

This year I am struggling to come up with a gift for her that isn't a gift, much like the jar of reasons why I love her. Can I please have some help from the ladies out there? Any ideas that get your heart strings going? Something that will buy me another season of racing:)

In advance, thank you for your suggestions!
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies Help Please / Valentines Day [argon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody recently paid for sky-writing of 3 hearts over Las Vegas. I don't know if it's in your budget, but the Twittwrshere and FBland were both lit up as to who the lucky person was!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you remember what the two of you ate the first time you got together? Cook up a meal featuring your first romantic time together.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son-in-law bought a very pretty, leather bound blank book one year and filled it w romantic poems, sayings pictures etc for my daughter. I always thought that was a very nice gift.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies Help Please / Valentines Day [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Do you remember what the two of you ate the first time you got together? Cook up a meal featuring your first romantic time together.
This. I am simplistic and enjoy time spent over things given.

Quote | Reply

This. I am simplistic and enjoy time spent over things given.[/quote]
I concur, I am trying to create and gift a memory not something sparkly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My hubby gets extra points when he signs us up for things that won't kill him, but he wouldn't necessarily love to do. I'm a big hockey fan and he hates it... so tickets to a Blackhawks game gets him double points. Is there something like that with you and your wife?

And quid pro quo... what should I get my Ironman hubby? I feel like we have so much "gear" and I wouldn't sign him up for a race on whim.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies Help Please / Valentines Day [Emilyk318] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe get your husband something he can have with him during his races from you that remind him of his family. I.E. A locket on his bike, Road ID with a love note on it etc. Personally, I always wear an old teething necklace on my wrist that my son once wore. Reminds me of him on long rides:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first thought was a RoadID as well.

ETA: Even if he already has one, having multiple is a good idea. One for the race bag, one for everyday, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenSw: Jan 22, 14 11:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are 2 ideas:

A picture book of some of your favorite photos together - write down the best memories.

Create a storybook of how you met/married - Write down your perspective. It's always nice to hear the other side. :)
Quote Reply