Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Great Interbike write up!
Quote | Reply
Nice job Dan. Very complete, informative and entertaining. Looking forward to the "more to come".

The only thing that surprised me was your suggestion of a 50/34! I can't see me riding that combo under any circumstances. Would you suggest that even to a strong rider on 650's?

What are you seeing in the paint/finish jobs category on the carbon bikes? I'm putting together the cash for for another Calfee and wouldn't mind saving the extra 3/4 pound of paint. I'm a little concerned though about the issue of paint providing some protective value for the carbon.
Quote Reply
Re: Great Interbike write up! [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt that would be good for a strong rider on 650s. I am not a strong rider, but a 50T would be fine for me. I would most likely ride the 50/14, which would put me around 40kph at 92rpm.

Great writeup Dan.

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: Great Interbike write up! [Styk33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strong rider or not, will Dan be racing at Catalina and using the Dr Jekyl / Mr Granny (Compact Drive) combination for that substantial hill that we get to go over three times? Inquiring (slow rider) minds want to know. And would the Compact Drive combo be mounted on Euclid's Hallucination (his experimental geometry bike)? I'd like to see both, if only in the transition area after Dan smokes me in the race.

Tom C
Quote Reply
Re: Great Interbike write up! [BikesTooSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"will Dan be racing at Catalina and using the Dr Jekyl / Mr Granny (Compact Drive)"

i'll be bringing my road race bike. gears? something tiny. 39X27 or 34X23.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply