Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What about Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon?
Quote | Reply
I just read that the only 2 North American 1/2 IM qualifiers for 2004 will be at Ralph's in Oceanside and the new 1/2 IM at Disney World in Orlando. What happened to BSLT? I guess west Texas couldn't compete with such big area attractions as San Diego and Orlando? Any word on if it will stick around as a 1/2?
Quote Reply
Re: What about Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon? [konabro2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the website still lists 25 slots.
I guess if they didn't have them, they wouldn't be there as the WTC would be telling these guys: hey take it off!
However, it's no secret that the WTC does not control Mike Greer's race enough to their taste...so if it is not this year, it will be later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The way I read it was that those two would be the only IM North America 1/2 IM qualifiers. Buffalo Springs, Half Vineman, Blackwater Eagleman, and Keauhou Kona 1/2 IM are not run by IMNA, but have always been qualifiers. Maybe this means that St. Croix 1/2 IM is no longer going to be a qualifier as it is an IMNA event. I do know that Keauhou Kona's qualifier status is pending for 2004; it is not confirmed yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YO! Kona Bro2!

How's it going Steven? How'd the season end up for you?

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its still on the list to qual for Hawaii.....so is St Croix......and the Kona 1/2......

http://www.ironmannorthamerica.com/IronmanRaces.html
Quote Reply
Re: What about Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon? [awsjr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fron the Kona 1/2 site:

Official Ironman® Qualifying status for 2004 is currently pending, ie the 2004 Keauhou Kona Triathlon is not yet an Ironman® Qualifying race. Athletes registering for the 2004 race will be asked during the online registration process to select a check box indicating an understanding that your desire to compete for an Ironman® slot is not valid until World Triathlon Corporation approves our application for official Ironman® Qualifying status. In the event IQ status is denied for the 2004 race, the partial refund policy will apply. Please monitor your email and this web site on a regular basis for updates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The August 2003 issue of Runner Triathlete News (page 4) states that the BSLT has signed a three year contract to remain as a qualifier for Ironman Hawaii.
Quote Reply