Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any Veterinarians Out There ... Dog With SERIOUS Thunder/Fireworks Anxiety [Train] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I absolutely agree, meds were a last resort but in this case I can honestly say that Oz's quality of life is much better.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Veterinarians Out There ... Dog With SERIOUS Thunder/Fireworks Anxiety [PH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PH, how about another update. I think I need to get our lab on some med's. She is driving us crazy.

Re: Any Veterinarians Out There ... Dog With SERIOUS Thunder/Fireworks Anxiety [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tim,

Oz has been on prozac and melatonin for about three months now, and we have experienced fireworks and a couple of thunderstorms. Suffice it to say the fireworks barely phaze him, the thunderstorms (if severe) still bother him somewhat. Not to the level where he would destroy the door frame again but he is noticably anxious. If the thunder storms are less severe he barely notices them. I think that he has literally "mellowed-out" a bit. He is still himself and has the same quirks that we find endearing but he is more relaxed. The drugs (prozac and melatonin) have definitely improved the quality of his life, as well as ours.

Let me know what you end up doing, and good luck.

Pete
Quote Reply
Re: Any Veterinarians Out There ... Dog With SERIOUS Thunder/Fireworks Anxiety [PH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll give it a try. She is fine if she is in the house, but you have to drag her outside and then she goes bonkers. If she doesn't handle being medicated, I'm not sure what I am going to do. Anyone want a slightly neurotic 8 year old Lab?

Prev Next