Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

alas, can't watch IMH!
Quote | Reply
since this is the first year that i've been involved in multisport, i've been looking forward to following IMH on ironmanlive for months. unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), this saturday will be the first day of my university's fall break, and i'll be on a roadtrip with some fraternity brothers.

this means that i won't have access to a computer while the race is going on. even though i'll try to find out saturday night or sunday morning who the winner is, i'd like to read a play by play, or see ironmanlive's coverage.

is there anywhere online that these things get archived? please help!!!

(for what it's worth, i'm rooting for macca ... he said something along the lines of "if i do get beaten, it'll have to be a new record time, because i myself will be breaking the old one" ... and if i remember correctly, he also threatened to do an IM on a mountain bike if the draft-legal racers kept being so tactically passive on the bike)

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: alas, can't watch IMH! [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had this problem.

This is what you do: Go to ironmanlive.com, and click on Kona coverage. It should open up an update page. Here is where you have to be careful: the updates start w/ the latest news and work backwards. If you look at this coverage Sat night or Sunday morning, there shouldn't be a problem, as the last update header will likely be about the total number of finishers or an age-grouper story. I probably wouldn't take a chance, though. Avoid looking at the update headers and there will be a button above them on the left that says previous. Continue hitting this button until it disappears. You will now be at the beginning of the coverage. All you have to do is hit next after you read each page and you will get a blow-by-blow.

To see exactly what I'm talking about go here: http://vnews.ironmanlive.com/vnews/wisconsin look to the left and click on 2003 Wisconsin under post race coverage. You can practice your technique here.

All of this is assuming they continue to do the updates the way they've done it the last couple of years.
Quote Reply