Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Male Nipple Rub Raw
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's just me, but when running OR biking, when I put vaseline on the above areas, it ruins my dri-fit shirts, in the areas where my chest is. The vaseline works but oils up or ruins the shirts, after the race. I can't remove the vaseline grease with the Fabric remover, after soaking.

What do you gals and guys do on that?
Quote Reply
Re: Male Nipple Rub Raw [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had my nipples removed. Actually, duct tape would work well or a bandaid. Maybe try bodyglide. You could cut holes in your shirt, no shirt no nipple rub just strange looks from other people.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use band-aids on my "ninnies."

My brother used to tell me that you're not a runner until your nipples bleed!

BTW, why do men have nipples anyway?

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is normal. Use Bodyglide. Synthetic fibers and oil do not get along, so vaseline will ruin your clothes.

Bodyglide is great, and lasts a long time.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. I had the same problem. Read about a product called Nipguards...I actually bought some, but have yet to use them. I have heard good things about them, but they are kind of expensive. roadrunnersports.com wants $18 for 10 pairs, or $1.80 per run. Tristore.com was half that price.

While waiting for them to arrive, I needed some protection. So I bought some Nexcare waterproof bandages and Nexcare "Absolute waterproof" tape. This is all I have been using, and it really does the trick.

The bandages I bought are clear, except for the area that would cover a wound (which is tan). On runs of over 10 miles, I put the bandages on, then I stick about 2" of the Nexcare Absolute Waterproof Foam Premium Tape over each one (no vaseline, etc.). This tape is on a 3-yard roll, and is 3/4" wide. Its band-aid in color, and kind of squishy. After a dozen or so uses, I have never had the bandages come off. They are starting to sometimes, but that just makes it easier to remove them (you might want to shave a little, if necessary).

On shorter runs (e.g. 5-10 miles), I just use the tape. Again, it has worked well. I've done this over a dozen times as well, again with no problem. And the total cost has been about $7 and I still have several uses left.

You might have to shop around...I've seen the Nexcare products in several drugstores and grocery stores, but not exactly what I first bought. Other "waterproof" bandages and tapes may work as well.

Just checked drugstore.com...they have both, although the foam tape is 1"x5 yards now. (Search NEXCARE WATERPROOF and both show up).

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...bought some Nexcare waterproof bandages and Nexcare "Absolute waterproof" tape..." -- TriAlbany

That's what I've been using. Put 'em on when you're clean and dry and they don't come off. I put on a pair at 6 am on IMUSA day (shaved the little scrags of hair I have in the area first) and they stayed on for the entire race through swim, bike and run.

I recently bought the Champion brand "no chafe" running tops from roadrunnersports.com and they really work. I've done 2.5 hour runs in them comfortably. This is my racing singlet from now on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitly use Band-Aids, They're cheap, effective, durable and won't ruin your expensive technical clothing. If your chest is hairy, just go for it. The persperation will make for easy removal after your run, but not compromise your protection during your run.

Nip guards are good, but you won't find them at the local grocery store the night before a race and they're expensive. Also, if your shirts are just a little bit tight, the outline is just funky because Nip Guards are octagonal shaped.

Sean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My HRM strap seems to resolve the issue especially when combined with a smooth weave drilete fabric.

I DO know that the pearl izumi base layer tank tops are the premium nipple grators.
Quote Reply