Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Podesta on a fool's errand
Quote | Reply
Richard Neuhaus had some good comments about Podesta's new project, but they're not online. Here's another story about it, though:

http://www.americanprogress.org/...iJRJ8OVF&b=90060

Does anyone think this has any chance at all of success?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Podesta on a fool's errand [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, big money will win out every time over good intentions.

_________
kangaroo -- please do not read or respond to any of my posts
Quote Reply
Re: Podesta on a fool's errand [GJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big money will win out every time over good intentions.

??? What are you trying for, the Slowtwitch non sequitor of the week award?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you trying for, the Slowtwitch non sequitor of the week award?

Is there one? do I get any cash, or just a ribbon?

_____

btw, my reference was to a quote in your article:

"Many of us feel like our faith has been stolen," said Jim Wallis, convener of Call to Renewal and editor-in-chief of Sojourners. "How did the faith of Jesus come to be known as pro-rich, pro-war and pro-American? It's time for a rescue operation."

_________
Quote Reply
Re: Podesta on a fool's errand [GJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there one? do I get any cash, or just a ribbon?

A ribbon, yeah, right. What kind of budget do you think we're operating on in here, anyway? ;)

btw, my reference was to a quote in your article:

Ah. But of course, that's a bit of a mischaracterization, certainly deliberate, of the relevant phenomenon. (The relative phenom being, of course, the rise of the Evangelicals within the Republican party and American politics.) Mr. Wallis there is conflating two seperate- and often antagonistic- wings of the Republican party in an attempt to smear the Evangelicals as big business, pro-war whores of the Right, and that isn't at all the case.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look, I'm headed to the heart of the bible belt tomorrow - Branson, MO! In between visiting the largest Bass Pro Shop in the world, playing some miniature golf, and crashing an Andy Williams show, I'll take a street poll of some likely Evangelicals and I'll report back to you on their views.

(If you don't hear from me in a week, and you hear of an explosion on a houseboat on Table Rock Lake, where I plan to be fishing, reading, relaxing and swimming Sun-Thurs, you'll know I got under the wrong Evangelical's skin - or that it was some rogue Christian Identity folk that I got tangled up with)

until then...

_________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess by progressive they mean liberal, or, more importantly, vote Democratic. I say this not to be a pain, but because there is not a single progressive idea anywhere in the article. Someone tell me what progressive goal any of the people quoted are advocating.

If you can't do it, then you have your answer as to whether it will work or not.

This is just an effort to spin off a few voters from Republican leaning groups by way of words without substance. That dog won't hunt.
Quote Reply