Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yaqui Mariola frame/fork 59cm
Quote | Reply
first rate condition, for a person 6'0 to 6'3" (depending on riding style). Reynolds Ouzo Pro Aero fork installed, with cane creek headset. Make offer.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Yaqui Mariola frame/fork 59cm [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance you'd like to donate this frame and fork to me in the spirit of TSR?

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,
I am 6-3 w/36 inseam and like to ride fast in aero. Would this frame be big enough?
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Yaqui Mariola frame/fork 59cm [brokentippet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I am 6-3 w/36 inseam and like to ride fast in aero."

it would depend on three things, how steep you ride, thet kind of bars you ride, and how low you ride in front. the bikes are already pretty steep, one is 78° and one is 80°, so you'd probably do okay if you didn't ride them steeper than they are, that is, if you rode the 78° bike at 81° you might run out of top tube.

then, the bikes are both reasonably low in front, so you'd have a hard time getting high enough in front if you don't ride reasonably low. we can talk about that if you want, i'll tell you how to judge this properly before you consider buying.

btw, you can see the two bikes here:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/prodreview/tribikes/carbo.html

http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/techctr/experiment.html

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,
I wish I had a point of reference but my riding has been done on an old Mercier steel road frame that I bought in the early 70's. I have to the best of my ability set it up for tri. It keeps up with the young studs, and humoruosly they are threatening to take up a collection to replace my frame with one that won't embarrass theirs. I hate to think what damage I could cause if I could dial in a set up on a steep tube that is 10 lbs lighter than what I ride now.
Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just curious as to why you're selling them...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Yaqui Mariola frame/fork 59cm [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" I'm just curious as to why you're selling them..."

this is just the beginning. i'm in serious life cleanout mode. as opposed to whimsical life cleanout, when you sort of get rid of a coupla things but don't really have your heart into it...

i own, oh, maybe 15 or 20 bikes, and 10 of them are for me. and i don't own a MTB. so, what is my justification for owning all this stuff? plus, i don't have room for it all.

so i'm going to pare it down to maybe 4 road bikes and 1 or 2 tri bikes. i'm keeping 3 mandaric-built road bikes, one della santa road bike, and my tiphoon tri bike. everything else goes except for bikes i own in other sizes, so that visitors and FIST workshop attenders can have bikes to ride.

likewise, i don't need all these wetsuits, racing wheels, powertaps, computrainers, stems, h'bars, and on and on. so they're all going.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,

I would be interested in the powertap if you are still selling that and also a good stem I am looking for a 110m stem for an 11/8 for a 31.8 bar. If you got a good one please let me know. Thanks. pm if you get a chance.... Thanks...

Craig in Alabama
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,
I am interested in one of the frames. I'll make an offer of $250.
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Yaqui Mariola frame/fork 59cm [brokentippet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. you'll have to bump that up a bit. the carbo's gone, only the mariola's left. PM me with an offer that shows the love. remember, the fork alone sells for $400.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok Dan
How about 400
Mark
Quote Reply