Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sore Lady parts sore butt just aching down there
Quote | Reply
I have been having issues with my Adamo Breakaway saddle. I have pressure point pain when I sit on my saddle and I believe its the Ischial Tuberosity. Now I have tried looking at images on line to determine what part is hurting. Also been reading post and stuff and a lot of people talk about the sit bones. Are the sit bones the ischial tuberosity? Feel dumb now. It hurts more when I ride two days in a row. I changed saddles from Fizik Arione because that one was making my lady parts go numb. The Adamo fixed that but now sitting on it hurts and. I find myself moving around to find a comfortable spot. I have scheduled a bike fit again to see if anything can be done. Any help or suggestions are welcomed.
Last edited by: spintela: Oct 14, 13 21:14
Quote Reply
Re: Sore Lady parts sore butt just aching down there [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had issues when I first got my adamo too but now I love it. Firstly though, yes, your is ischial tuberosities are your sit bones. So with the adamo, I found I had to put mine forward on the rails and sit a bit further back on the wider part when riding upright but I am more comfortable down in the tri drops. The advice a friend gave me when I got the adamo was: the first ride is uncomfortable and different, he next ride hurts, the third ride you'll be in tears, and after that you're fine! It took me much longer and lots of fidgeting with the seat position fwd/back but now all is peachy. I also don't ride with thick padding in he shorts, just tri shorts with minimal chamois, often just a felt, and that way there is less bunching up and pressure. Stick with it, take your multi tool with you on rides and adjust the saddle while you're riding if you need.
Good luck with it :)
Quote Reply
Re: Sore Lady parts sore butt just aching down there [noodlecat77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks will use tri shorts today and see if there is a difference and try sitting how you said
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chamois cream? I live and die by "Deez Nutz Bliss" (non mentholated so no tingles) but also like "Enzo's Buttonhole Cream" (mentholated and tingles).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to "callous up" my sit bones when I first started riding the Adamo. Eventually they got used to it.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sore Lady parts sore butt just aching down there [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok I rode today 18 miles just a bit over an hour ride. Had to cut it short because there was a hill up ahead and sitting up is more painful. I noticed today that in the aero position it does not hurt as much. But if I move or try to sit up or move back on the saddle pain soreness. I will brave it some more on rides and see on Thursday what my bike fitter has to say. But OUCH! will ice help?
Quote Reply