Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Tri2Hover
Last edited by: mmakbenton: Jul 28, 05 16:25
Re: Choosing A Wetsuit - Promise no Lance Stuff [mmakbenton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it is not on your list but have a look at the Xterra range - three different levels Vector Pro, Vortex and Ventilator - full and sleeveless options in each level and obviously womens and mens specific

I have the Vortex full and love it - I have useed Ironman, QR and Orca in the past - liked them all but the Xterra is a much nicer fit around the neck for me. (IM was very tight)

Good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike--

I have an Ironman stealth sleeveless and an Orca Predator 2 (they were on sale for $300)...both are awesome suits. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the major brands...

Re: Choosing A Wetsuit - Promise no Lance Stuff [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will look into some sales or last year's stuff maybe. I am leaning toward the Orca Speedsuit (Not S1 since it is the best deal $$$$ wise.) Will see. Deffinately going with fullsuits though.

Michael

Drafting is for the weak...

Tri2Hover...making flat coke since September 9, 2006.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my XTerrra.

Have you tried any/all of them on? That should make it easy. They do not all fit the same. I tried a Stealth - and I really wanted one because I thought it was cool looking. It could not have been more uncomfortable. The QR Superfull and the XTerra Vector were like wearing pajamas and fuzzy slippers in your favorite chair with a cup of eggnog. MMMMMM!

Oh yeah, I also hated the Desoto and the Orca.

But each suit will fit each body differently. You have to try them on!
Last edited by: johnt: Jul 28, 05 14:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only 3 things really matter in a wetsuit - fit/fit/fit. You gotta buy the one that fits the best. All major companies are fine in my opinion. I also think full vs. sleeveless should be based on water temp - I find the speed difference between the 2 to be minimal or none. Gizmo's are meaningless. A nice neck is nice. A quality zipper is nice. Durability is nice. They are all the same speed.

Flowers for the wife is good - as long as it fits.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Choosing A Wetsuit - Promise no Lance Stuff [johnt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is my biggest hurdle. I am not close enough to anywhere that sells them so I am going to have to go with my best guess and then exchange if not right. That is deffinately something I looked into with the exchange policies, time limits, get wet or not, shipping costs, etc. In addition to getting it from a place with good exchange policy I picked a place with a big selection of brands so I can stick with the same dealer.

Don't plan on getting into a "screw the dealer" situation here as I worked in the retail bike industry and know the pain.

Sounds like wetsuit choice is like saddle choice.

Michael

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is this in the Lavender Room?

Only inflammatory politics and soft-core smut will be tolerated here!!!!

Why is this in the Lavender Room? Someone on Dan's end has gone beserk with the "move" button. It won't be long before there's a "Lance" room, at the rate we're going. Maybe that's the news Dan was talking about yesterday . . .

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Choosing A Wetsuit - Promise no Lance Stuff [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, I'm so sick of every time I come here to talk about Bible thumping pedophiles and Rove that some guys always ruin by taking up space with stuff like wetsuits, lactate threshold, ITB. ;)

Seriously, WTF was all that Lance stuff about?

Not sure why my post was sent over here...no biggy. My guess is they filtered everything with the word Lance in the subject and shifted it over like someone else said.

Bummer...was hoping for some good info on this. :-(

Michael

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a credit card with a big limit then do what i did. Buy, like, 6 suits from Trisports.com They will even let you swim in them (I did not) - then return the ones that you like least.

Right now they are running 17% off - unless that's over by now.
Quote Reply
Re: Choosing A Wetsuit - Promise no Lance Stuff [johnt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now THAT is an idea. Will check into that one tomorrow morning. Want to hear it from them/see it in writing that there will be no issues. I am thinking I remember a post on here before about some who got stuck with some wetsuits doing something similar.

Michael

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, Trisports is one of the best companies I have ever dealt with, period. Customer service has been tops. On my last order they called me after i placed an order on line. They told me that they were not going to charge me all the shipping fee because the item I ordered was so small that they wouldn't have to pay too much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And, FYI, the 17% off runs through July 31 only:

We are having a thank you Lance sale! To celebrate the monumental #7 we are extending a 17% off sale! Just enter the coupon code TDF-17 and let the savings begin.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Tri2Hover [ In reply to ]