Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey, let's ask Lance
Quote | Reply
I have been on this forum for about 6 weeks and my signature rant is that there is no agreement on what I would have thought would be pretty basic biking issues, namely, tire width and psi. On the psi issue, there is the 110 camp, the 125 camp and the "pump the shit outta those suckers" camp. Tire widths have the "no less than 23mm camp" and the less than 23mm camp. Does anyone know what Lance's tire width and psi were on the flat stages of TDF? ( I live and race in the Chicago area so I don't give a shit about his Alps tire data.)
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, let's ask Lance [MPB1950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to know what brand toilet paper he uses too...cause that will help me out.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, let's ask Lance [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure he uses Charmin during the flat stages. I hope that helps you with your problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< I'm pretty sure he uses Charmin during the flat stages. I hope that helps you with your problem >>

Yeah, but is it *really* Charmin, or is it some other TP that is rebranded to say that it is Charmin, when it is actually Scott's?

And what about for TT's? And for climbing stages, I'm sure he goes w/ single-ply, for the weight savings.

But it can't be too light, or his TP wouldn't pass UCI regulations ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Hey, let's ask Lance [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's funny! I'm sure they just paint over the old brand.

I also hear he only works toward one poop a year (July).

I pray Discovery doesn't produce a 4-part show on this topic (but they have thought about it)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The secret, though, is to age the toilet paper for six or seven years in your mechanics basement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recommend that toilet paper that was advertised with the little kittens chasing the roll.

Quote | Reply
Steve Hed took both the quilted and non-quilted to the wind tunnel in Austin and with the use of AMD processors they discovered that the quilted was more aero.

They then proceeded to make Lance's TP out of carbon fiber with a titanium roll for lateral stiffness.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, let's ask Lance [Chest Rockwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Steve Hed took both the quilted and non-quilted to the wind tunnel in Austin and with the use of AMD processors they discovered that the quilted was more aero.

They then proceeded to make Lance's TP out of carbon fiber with a titanium roll for lateral stiffness.
There's something about rubbing my crack with carbon fibers that does not appeal to me - but I can't quite place it.

Quote | Reply
This is race TP we're talking here - it doesn't hafta be comfortable, it just has to be fast.

And the TP roll was made of butted Ti.

Now that he has retired, Lance isn't sure where he will use TP next, but don't be surpised to see him show up in line for the porta-potties at a local event someplace.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Hey, let's ask Lance [Chest Rockwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see now, this is why I love this place...too funny.....

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear CSC uses a carbonfiber roll custome made by Gerard that is 10% more areo and will shave about 1.3 seconds off a high fiber shit and almost 3 seconds if you are constipated
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, let's ask Lance [weak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I hear CSC uses a carbonfiber roll custome made by Gerard that is 10% more areo and will shave about 1.3 seconds off a high fiber shit and almost 3 seconds if you are constipated "

and you can flip it around for tris and non UCI legal events!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: frogonawire 6.2: Jul 28, 05 11:42
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, let's ask Lance [frogonawire 6.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but unfortunately, it won't be available for at least 7 months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The responses to this post have confirmed my suspicion that there is a conspiracy afoot to keep secret the optimal tire width and psi info which is protected by a cabal of roadies with toilet paper fetishes. I just knew it.
Last edited by: MPB1950: Jul 28, 05 12:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
110-120 psi. 23mm.

Hey - who's that knocking on the door...

<screaming noises, muffled by toilet paper>

<thud>

<dragging noises>

Please disregard this posters comments. He was mistaken.

-The Cabal

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if you haven't gotten it yet, what these fine, anally-fetished folk are trying to convey is that your question is a bit ridiculous, kind of like the responses.

Tire size and inflation is an individual thing (which you might have surmised from the range of responses you've already gotten on the subject). But to ask Lance, just because he has won 7 TdFs... I think you would get a range of responses even from him. There is no one "ideal".

So with that, go with whatever floats your boat and be done with it. Make up your own mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, let's ask Lance [ErnieK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 54 cm rolls may take longer. Trees are growing unusually slow this year because of dry conditions so there may be some substitutions with the paper. One person may get quilted and another may end up with that John Wayne tp that makes your ass bleed. Place your order today because Tom says the Boats are getting caught up in customs and there could be delays.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is HUGH!

Sorry, Tom D. is on the throne doing some wind tunnel testing and someone needed to say it.

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's funny!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I want to know what brand toilet paper he uses too...cause that will help me out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At first I thought you guys were kidding about this toilet paper stuff but if you are going 70 mph through hairpin turns with 125 psi on 23mm width tubies (the Cabal told me after they took care of Murphy's Law), titanium aero toilet paper could become a real lifesaver for those few bikers who are not anal retentive.
Quote Reply