Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: Giant TCR or OCR Alum
Quote | Reply
Got one?

Already built?

Specifically a Medium/Large - whatever is better for 5'11?

Let's talk...
Last edited by: speedy_dave: Jul 28, 05 10:37
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Giant TCR 1 Alum [speedy_dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do not have a complete bike but we have a moderately used, size medium 2001 TCR 0 frameset (<10,000 miles over 2-years) sitting in a box in the garage - it was my wifes bike and includes frame, fork (1" steer tube), integrated headset, bladed seat post. Here is a stock image from Giant:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Jul 27, 05 10:22
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Giant TCR 1 Alum [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asking price?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of sending you to the 'competition' but have you seen this auction on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/...geName=WDVW&rd=1

The frameset retailed for $650 in 2001 so how about you tell me how much you have to spend while I figure out how I am going to get some digital images of the frame for you to look at - I am racing in the weekly crit this evening but should be able to take some pictures afterwards.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
asking price?
Sent PM!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Giant TCR 1 Alum [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've been questioning the size, i'm 5'11. think it'll work? or should i do a large?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i've been questioning the size, i'm 5'11. think it'll work? or should i do a large?

I guess I have to ask if you are wanting this for a road bike or tri/tt?

I have used a size medium in both situations (road and time trial) and I honestly think it depends on your torso length versus inseam. To help compare, I am 6' and with a 31" inseam and I ride a size large with a 13 cm stem and an FSA K-Force lite seat post with 2.5 cm set back with the saddle about mid-way back due to my road racing background in which I was reared in the laid out/euro (semi slam) riding position. In the past I have road raced on a size medium with a 14cm stem, an FSA K-Force Lite seat post (4 cm setback) and felt kind of cramped but again, I have a slightly longer torso in relation to inseam and my seat height is about ~73-74 cm from center of bottom bracket to top of saddle. Additionally, according to Giant's sizing chart, you are on the boundry as 5'11" can ride eithe r a size medium or a size large (http://www.giantbicycle.com/...0/050.600.100.asp#20). Keep in mind that a medium has a 55.5 cm effective top tube length whereas the large has a long 58.5 cm top tube length and in my case, I can ride a #1 or #2 Giant brand bladed seatpost with a size large frame or a #3 or #4 with a size medium frame and before I switched to the FSA seatpost, I used a #1 on the large frame and a #3 on the medium frame but to be honest, I felt a little cramped with the medium for road riding. On the other, when I used a size medium frame for time trials, it actually seemed like the right size as long as I used a longer stem to ensure my knees did not hit the aerobars when pedaling out of the saddle. You know if you have a LBS in your area that sells Giant, maybe it might be worth your while to give them a visit and test ride both a medium and large TCR.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Jul 28, 05 11:05
Quote Reply