Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'04 P3 sighting...
Quote | Reply
Last weekend while visiting SoCal I had the chance to check out Nytro; while there a fine red and white P3 caught my eye. Obviously a 2004 with it's CSC-inspired paint job and Velomax wheel upgrade Gerard hinted at recently. Still no carbon seat post and an Ultegra gruppo. I'm sure the later models will have the gorgeous 10 speed DA that was on the impressive Litespeed Ultimate. That road bike looked hot too with it's rear cut-out, cool spec and new Ksyrium wheels. When asked, the salesman said the new P2K will be blue.
Quote Reply
Re: '04 P3 sighting... [schubwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

spotted at the California TT championships las weekend

what's up with the cranks - SRM?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw one at IMC. i was working the bike corral and had some time to inspect it nice and close. I think it had been customized a bit. carbon seatpost, wolf fork, zipp 909's, FSA crank, and a beat up old saddle. the shoes were the thing I thought most unusual. the owner had formed something (fiberglass?) on the sole of the shoe to make a slip stream effect underneath. ramping the air smoothly around the cleat. this additional molding went all the way to the heel.

the owner? gerard, of course.
Quote Reply
Re: '04 P3 sighting... [brad in WA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw one at the Ultramax expo last weekend. SWEET!!!!

Gerard....do you have a trade-in program? ;-)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok. I might be a bit biased here since I have an '03 P3 but why would I want my P3 to have the same color scheme as a Dual? The gray and white with black/red highlights is so predatory - PERFECT for this bike. It isn't "artistic" or "pretty" but it speaks to the character of a bike that tells you with one glance that its going to rip your legs off and leave your remains behind in the gutter on the side of the road. Visceral is good. Red and white is....ehhh...."normal".

OT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the difference between the '03 and the '04 other than color?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...and Velomax wheel upgrade ..."

Smart spec. The best do-everything wheels money can buy.
Quote Reply
Re: '04 P3 sighting... [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Velomax Circuit wheels came with my '03 P3 as well. Of course, I only bought the bike a few weeks ago so it might have received some boosts from the '04 specs :). Best of both worlds with the '03 (paint and wheels! hehe).

OT
Quote Reply
Re: '04 P3 sighting... [muppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the component specifications on the Cervelo website, it appears that the following are changes from '03: Front derailleur Shimano Ultegra 9-speed Rear derailleur Shimano Ultegra 9-speed Crankset Shimano Ultegra Cassette Shimano Ultegra 9-speed 11-23 Chain Shimano Ultegra

vice Dura Ace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm sure the later models will have the gorgeous 10 speed DA that was on the impressive Litespeed Ultimate.

Cool -- but what the hell is the point of 10 speeds per chainring on a pure TT frame like a P3? Isn't that about 8 too many? :-)

Simply drives up the price a bit on what is an excellent-value-for-money frame, with no tangible benefit. If you need 20 gears to timetrial, the P3 ain't gonna help you much.

FWIW, took the inner chainring off mine, and filed down the mounting boss...
Quote Reply