Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

VeloNews "Legally Speaking" on NC anti-cycling broadcast
Quote | Reply
See Bob Mionske's column at http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/5058.0.html.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloNews "Legally Speaking" on NC anti-cycling broadcast [flyebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, so our best bet is that someone gets hurt or killed, and then they, or their family, can sue the radio station and Clear Channel.

I am going to do my part and email the FCC and cc: Clear Channel.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloNews "Legally Speaking" on NC anti-cycling broadcast [flyebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on that article, I think it would be more effective to contact Clear Channel's liability insurance provider. Unfortunately, I don't know their provider(s).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is exactly the type of thing I want to read heading to NC next wek to race. Fortunately, I will assume that most listeners and North Carloinians aren't dumb anough to listen to these assholes.

That said - I have already written to CC, the station involved and the FCC. It is amazing that in light of all tyhe "anti-growth" fighting that CC has had to do, they let crap like this go on. This is *exactly* why letting one corporation virtually monopolize the nationwide market is a bad idea. (Yes, this is a generalization and no, I'm not an economist so please no flames on the FCC/monopoly thing thanks :-)

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: VeloNews "Legally Speaking" on NC anti-cycling broadcast [MattMiz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if someone writes well here, you can go here:

www.cclawinfo.com

this is the clear channel legal resource info!
maybe a nicely sarcasticly toned letter to one of the
attorneys you are asking advice to will help.

this is the correct clear channel by the way as the logo on top of the page is the same as their site.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloNews "Legally Speaking" on NC anti-cycling broadcast [MattMiz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, Matt. A bit of thread drift here - I've ridden the Blue Devil course a few times and haven't had any problems with rednecks so I don't think we'll have any on race day.

BTW, The run course is going to be tough this year. I'll probably fade like a pair of Chinese blue jeans.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"This is exactly the type of thing I want to read heading to NC next wek to race. Fortunately, I will assume that most listeners and North Carloinians aren't dumb anough to listen to these assholes."

FWIW, I have few problems on North Carolina's rural roads. Things get more "competitive" as you get closer to the towns and cities. I've trained frequently on the roads just east of the Blue Devil course and those have always been trouble-free. You should be able to apply all your energy to racing - good luck!!
Quote Reply