Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Experiment in Geometry
Quote | Reply
Nice new bicycle, Dan. What is the top tube length? I think I remember you saying that you ride a theoretical 59cm frame, you sure have a lot of seat post showing. Your new bike sounds like my Habanero tri bike. Mine is a 56cm with a 56cm top tube, has 78 degree seatpost and 72 degree head tube. I have my seat even with the bottom bracket these days. It works great with a CarbonX which has a short stem. My bicycle has a long wheelbase, 103 cm, it's f/c is 63cm with a standard 42 degree Profile BSC fork. I wouldn't feel the need for your fork. The bike already rides like it is on rails, corners beautifully under power or freewheeling from the aero position and it's comfortable for an all day ride. And yeah, I too feel the steerer flex on bumps, kind of like front suspension. Do you plan to race the new bike?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Experiment in Geometry [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What is the top tube length?"

56cm more or less. lots of seat tube because the top tube's dropped, and that's because the head tube's short.

"Do you plan to race the new bike?"

yeah, i just shipped it to shreveport an hour ago.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply