Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is IRONMAN an accomplisment? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fifty years ago not that many people graduated college. It's very commonplace now, but an accomplishment none the less. Same holds true for finishing an IM.

Kevin- when I finished my first marathon, I felt like I was on top of the world. I expected the top of the world to extend much higher when I finished my IM. It was nothing like that. What I felt more than anything was tired. I just wanted to go back to the hotel and shower. I was just so happy it was over. I thought about that feeling for a few days and mulled over the much slower than than expected time. I couldn't help but feel disappointed. But then I remembered that I battled hard just to get a "bad" time and that in itself was a major victory. Rehashing the day, any way I sliced it, I covered 140.6 miles with my arms, legs, and heart. I accomplished something big, no doubt.

Quote Reply
Re: Is IRONMAN an accomplisment? [Kevin_Queens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin:

Your response would make one believe that you are older than your years....might be the experiences you've packed into the years - and the accomplishments.

Trust me, I am twice your age and I will still get a post-race disappointment if the finish time isn't close to my pre-race goal. I still recognize the finish as an accomplishment and hope for a better race next time. It sounds to me that you are there also.

Alan
Quote Reply

Prev Next