Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another "bachelor" weekend....
Quote | Reply
About the third time this year this has happened. There's a half marathon and our group ride going on this Sunday at about the same time. Of course I'll be out riding the bike, but my wife will be doing her favorite activity - the (ugh) run and will participate in the half. She tried to convince me to at least do the 10 kms going on at the same time, to which my response was "what, and give up a bike ride, you gotta be joking". She's a bit disappointed that I would rather be riding with the group than running with her, but in this family, I'm the cyclist and she's the runner. Definately not a marital problem, but I think she'd like to see me at the run on Sunday.

But I've got a plan for redemption. Our bike ride is a few hours but leaves a bit before the half starts. We finish very near to where the runners finish. I'll be back from the ride just in time to swing by the local flower shop and be there with roses in hand when she crosses the finish line.

Maybe next time I'll go for the run instead of the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Another "bachelor" weekend.... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smoooooooooooooooooooooth

How can she possibly be angry with you after that???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My group ride occurs on Sunday at the same time as church. I've felt guilty that my wife has had to go alone all summer. This sport requires a lot of time, it's tough when it conflicts with the significant other. That's a great idea with meeting her afterwards with the flowers. And it's definitely good that you'll consider going with her next time. It's just so hard to miss a ride...

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: Another "bachelor" weekend.... [Jack in Mi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And it's definitely good that you'll consider going with her next time. It's just so hard to miss a ride... "

Well, that's what I told her last time. And it is hard to miss a ride....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every year, the Gulf Coast 1/2 is over the Mother's Day weekend....yuk. Roses are always a good idea.
Quote Reply