Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

disorganized in my supplements!
Quote | Reply
I am so dang disorganized with my supplementation!!! It's all due to Dr. Oz and supplementing my two teenage athletic boys
I have this damn periformis injury so I have gained 7lbs
but I am still running about 12 miles a week- 2-3 miles at a time cuz of the pain- it is improving but super slow!
I need a vat od aspercream to jump in every day lol!

ok this is what I take! top 4 are prescription
BCP
Armour Thyroid
Testoterone crème
Celexa

then
I take:
- multi vitamin
- zyflamend - a combo anti inflammatory I got from Sprouts- I have them damn periformis injury so I certainly cannot stop taking the celexa
due to my craziness cuz I can barely work out LOL! and I feel like a fatty! No tris this summer for me!
- aminos
- metabolic advantage (help with hypothyroid)
glucosamine (cuz I'm 47 and have been running since I was 15 and I'm a nurse and my joints hurt!
- raspberry keytone - cuz I feel like a fatty for not getting to work out as much

but now I think I need to take co q10 for BP (cuz I have a X husband lol)

and garcinia cambogia - cuz I have gained 7 lbs cuz of this damn injury!

ok all!
what is everyone else taking and why
I just feel so disorganized!! (haha feeling crazy for lack of cardio)
thanks
Becky

http://www.trainerbecky.com
Quote Reply
Re: disorganized in my supplements! [trichic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or you could just eat a well balanced diet and skip the non-prescribed pills! I take an iron supplement because I'm anaemic and dislike a lot of red meat, and zinc for immune support in the winter months (I work in a hospital full of flu germs!).. I must also say I do not agree with Dr Oz philosophies and sponsorships to promote products.

Seriously, proper injury management will get you back to full strength sooner than pushing into it, and strengthen your glut med a lot. Swim for cardio- heart rate sets will get your metabolism going, eat well, watch your calories and ensure good quality macronutrients rich food, and skip the processed capsules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i take a woman's multivitamin and kelp (for the iodine boost). I've been through the list of other supps -- rhodiola, oil of oregano, green coffee bean, olive leaf, fish oil, spray-on magnesium, branch chain amino acids, etc and so forth (prob more but i can't remember). None of them did much of anything, except the mag made me sleep heavier.

The kelp probably won't work wonders either. i'll stick with the multivitamin no matter what though, since with all the exercise I'm probably low on iron, B vites and D.

I agree that a good diet, lots of sleep, and time is what works best. Also, meditation is a good alternative if I'm antsy to exercise but can't for whatever reason.

Good luck healing up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what half of the stuff you're taking is, but here's my list:

multi
probiotic
fish oil
vitamin D in winter

Lots of times I skip everything except the multi. I typically eat very healthy, but like having the extra vitamins and minerals for days when I don't.
Quote Reply
Re: disorganized in my supplements! [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My list is pretty similar to DawnT:

Morning:
- liquid vit D3 (1 or 2 drops @ 1,000IU ea)
- calcium/magnesium/zinc caplet
- fish oil

Afternoon:
- kids' chewable multi with lunch (when I remember)

All of those are only M-F - I don't actually take anything on weekends, and I don't take any supplements with me when I travel. If I feel a cold coming on or if I race/train in cold and wet conditions (after which I almost always fall ill), I'll take echinacea for a few days for immune system support.

I also regularly eat sauerkraut and/or kimchi which helps with digestive health.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Jul 19, 13 6:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've read enough research saying that vitamin supplements aren't actually useful for our bodies that, to me, they're not worth the money. I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies instead. Plus, I hate swallowing pills, so I'd rather eat the veggie than take a pill. Sometimes I do take an adult gummie vitamin, because who doesn't love an excuse to eat a gummie bear. :)

Beth @ http://www.racingrobsons.com/beth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take lots of joints meds(55yo).....
Mobic(RX)
omega 3's twice a day,curcumin, greenlipped mussle, glucosamine/MSM
Coq10
Vit D 2 times daily
Calcium 2 x daily
probiotics
Then a few things for sleep-natural calm, 5-HTP, melatonin(haphazard use of all) maybe Tylenol PM.
I suspect I am peeing out most of the joint meds but what ever keeps me moving!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i take calcium twice a day as I wonder if that is why my hips are hurting and I've been dairy free for a good number of years due to allergy and my teeth are literally falling out and breaking.

i take vitamin C+G (chondrointin and glucosaime?) or my knees hurt so bad I don't want to get out of bed.

i take fish oil because "they" say it help with inflammation

i take a teaspoon of maca root daily to keep menopause symptoms at bay

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything beginning with a reference to Dr. Oz gives me immediate concern.
The man is a salesman who happens to be a doctor (which elevates him in many peoples' minds; but remember, most doctors are not required to take any nutrition courses).
You "think" you need to take co q10 !? Because He has said so ?
Ditto for those useless (no solid science to back the claims) raspberry ketones.
And double d for that - oh so trendy- garcinia stuff

Stick with your tried and true: mv's, glucosamine

MV's only for me (nutrition admittedly sketchy at times).
Quote Reply